Front a tow eye hooks

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi all as I‘ve started to use the carbon track I decided to source a genuine J‘s front tow eye hook (very very rare and hard to find).

Post receiving it and getting it powder coated in Brembo Red I have now met with a local fabricator and the powder coaters who are are happy to replicate these if anyone else would be interested in them.

The price is unknown at present as I‘d need rough numbers so was wondering if anyone would be interested in a group buy as these are perfect for those who use their cars on track and allow you to have a decent front tow eye where you don‘t need to cut or drill holes in anything at all.

Below are a few pics of my freshly powder coated in Brembo Red hooks ready to fit.

If you‘d be interested in his please let me know and I can then gauge numbers and get prices.

Thanks
Carl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky11

Id defiantly be interest in this price depending! Doing sprints and trackdays in mine iv always taken the risk and gone without one, but if you beach it in the gravel god knows what i would do.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Ricky11 said:
Id defiantly be interest in this price depending! Doing sprints and trackdays in mine iv always taken the risk and gone without one, but if you beach it in the gravel god knows what i would do.
They use whatever they can and generally the front bumper will get ripped off, this is why I searched high and low for it and have decided to help all its best to get some made up :)

SamDC5 said:
Any photos fitted?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Not yet mate as I waited nearly 14 weeks for it to arrive and only got it back from the powder coating yesterday.

Then straight to the fabricators to get the drawings made up and posted here. I‘ll try and fit it over the weekend / next week but I‘m away from Wed until the 17th so time dependant else when I‘m back.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
No probs, where does it bolt on? Do you have to take the bumper off to fit it?

Chewy

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:

For the front, The red L shaped tow hook and the black U bracket (As pictured above) bolt on around the crash bar so there's not drilling required like others.

It'll be a bumper off job.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
ste01 said:
What will they be made from?
mine is the original one and I believe it‘s steel, Steel, the fabricator said he will be doing them he same as mine apart from instead of welding the nut in (as mine is) he will be threading the hole for the bolt to go straight into.

We won‘t be messing about with cheap quality as these need to be durable and usable.

SamDC5 said:

Yeah bumper off I‘m afraid as it clamps around the bumper support beam. Most people drill a hole through the bumper and through the beam but I wanted to have one with no holes or drilling needed to anything and his is spot on :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Ok all let‘s get a list together so I can get rough numbers for rough guide prices, also say what colourbyoud want (brembo reds the easiest as we have mine to go from) but please paste your names and colour choice got the hook only and I‘ll update he first post

Thanks

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Sorry commented on your thread before seeing this. I'd be interested in one! Not red though, ideally black

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi All I am just compiling Names, please add your name and re-post here if I have missed you, if you want NON Brembo Red the price may differ (I will have to confirm that as the more done at once the better):

Mebz
Ricky11
Berg
SamDC5
Reggie91
gaza4
masterjedijay
Ryanj1993
ollieh17
luke20vt

If anyone else could or would be interested please reply here or append your name to the list so I can get prices sported as the more the cheaper :)

Thanks