Front brake pad advice.

Dan34

Advanced Member
Hi all,

My front DS2500 are going to need changing soon and was wondering what people recommend to fit.

There's nothing wrong with the ferodo's just wondered if there is anything else worth considering.

At the moment It's between sticking with the ds2500 or maybe mintex M1144's? Both a similar price.

I'm looking to do the odd trackday this year.

Thanks

martinj46

Advanced Member
Useless comment I know, but I'm running the DS2500, and will be buying another set when they need replaced. They've been perfect for my needs so far.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Ds2500 on oem front discs with braided lines, great road/track setup. However they have gone really sqeally

Dan34

Advanced Member
mike.williams said:
Ds2500 on oem front discs with braided lines, great road/track setup. However they have gone really sqeally
Yeah thats the exact setup I have at the moment! It is pretty good I have to admit.

I do have OEM brembo pads sitting in the garage, but thought it would be going backwards a bit if I put them in after having the DS2500!

Thanks for your replies everyone!

integraleo

Advanced Member
Without doubt carbon Lorraine rc5+ pads,expensive at £190 for front pads but they give amazing stopping power,work from cold,zero fade on track,low dust capabilities for a high quality pad and will only give a very minor squeal at low speeds occasionally.

Dan34

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Without doubt carbon Lorraine rc5+ pads,expensive at £190 for front pads but they give amazing stopping power,work from cold,zero fade on track,low dust capabilities for a high quality pad and will only give a very minor squeal at low speeds occasionally.
Sound interesting, any places to recommend buying them from?

edit: infact I dont think they do them for the dc5 :(

integraleo

Advanced Member
Yes they do make the carbon Lorraine pads for the dc5, there is a company that advertises on the dc2 forum and lists all the cars they make them for,im currently saving up for some.my friend just fitted some to his dc2 with accord type r twin pots on the front and when he hits the brakes it actually hurts! Fantastic stopping power.
I honestly dont know what all the fuss is about with the ferodos,going on reviews I bought some for my last dc5,I had brand new brembo discs the ferodo pads and a high quality fluid and they barely felt much better than standard to be honest.loads of dust too.

Dan34

Advanced Member
Ahhhh ok, I couldn't find them on their own site. I'll have to take another look.

Fubar Andy

Advanced Member
Next setup would be either Mintex 1155's (but I doubt your going to see much difference)

Other than that Carbotech XP8's are the ultimate trackday pad. You'll notice a massive difference in performance.

They are a bit more money, but they are very worth it!

Dan34

Advanced Member
Fubar Andy said:
Next setup would be either Mintex 1155's (but I doubt your going to see much difference)

Other than that Carbotech XP8's are the ultimate trackday pad. You'll notice a massive difference in performance.

They are a bit more money, but they are very worth it!
Thanks Andy.

Those Carbotech's do look like they are rather good! Hard to find a place to buy them though!

Fubar Andy

Advanced Member
Just buy them direct from Carbotech.

Speak to Ian who works there and he can sort you out no problem!

Tel: 01768 885 000

Dan34

Advanced Member
Fubar Andy said:
Just buy them direct from Carbotech.

Speak to Ian who works there and he can sort you out no problem!

Tel: 01768 885 000
You da man! :xrockout:

martinj46

Advanced Member
Before you go rushing in with the Carbotechs, apparently they have attrocious brake dust (as you would expect from a track pad) Difference is that this dust has harsh chemicals in it which can ruin your wheels. A few mates run them on their Mini's and the dust seems to burn into the paint on their wheels

I've never run Carbotechs myself so can't comment personally. Just thought I'd warn you, as it'd be a shame to mess up your Enkeis

Dan34

Advanced Member
Thanks for the info! Deffo not rushing into a purchase, just want to get some prices and reviews together from which I can make a decision.

I'll probably end up with ds2500 lol