front brake pads

mikegsi

Staff member
for road use only oem will be as good as anything else, if your planning a bit of fast road then there are plenty of others

i'll be doing a review of Paul G's custom discs and pads tomorrow which you may/should read!

lockwood77

Advanced Member
The Mintex 1144s I got from Paul G are great, more initial bite than the OEMs. This is on OEM discs. Fair bit more expensive than the OEM Brembo pads though!

Evs

Advanced Member
lockwood77 said:
The Mintex 1144s I got from Paul G are great, more initial bite than the OEMs.
Might have to give these a go - this is the biggest disappointment with the OEM brakes imho

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Definitely worth it from my point of view, they were brilliant on the DC2 as well. I haven't tried the DS2500s that lots of others here use though, so not sure how they compare.

Price was ~£130 from Paul G, for some reason a lot of places don't list 1144s for the DC5.

mikegsi

Staff member
Evs said:
lockwood77 said:
Might have to give these a go - this is the biggest disappointment with the OEM brakes imho
im about to do a review on pauls disc/pads based on my road and track use, i have the 1144's, i would recommend you to get the discs as well!

macer

Advanced Member
Im a big fan of Endless pads myself, have been using them for 3 years now for both everyday and track use.

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Those Mintex 1144 for £130 is for a pair for the front I take it?
How much are the OEM ones again?

Cheers
Wardy

JohnnyC

Evs said:
lockwood77 said:
I put these on the wifes FTO, and they are superb.
She hates them though as they produce a lot of dust. I think being able to stop very quickly is more important though :lol: