Front Brake Splash Guards

Teggs

A few weeks ago the car developed a metallic grinding noise that was on/off and would respond to steering and braking inputs, although not neccesarily for the better, managed to locate it to the front disk splash guards and after wheels off and a good fettle with some wire brushing and a bit of coaxing the problem was resolved.

I was 'quite' surprised at how much rust came off the components surrounding this whole area, and now I have a slight rattle when cold, which I'm pretty much sure is the same item (i.e. the splash guards), it seemed like aftrer the clean, they had basically about given up the ghost. I've probably answered my own question here but has anyone else replaced thiers?

They are only about a couple of mm thick and are in a part of the car that must get the most exposure -heating and cooling from the brakes, fully exposed to brake dust,salt, water e.t.c would anyone recommend just getting standard OEM parts or is there something else I may want to look at?

Also, now i've cleaned down some of the chassis and suspension components, should I whack a load of underseal on it all?

A different story , but getting into it seemed to confirm what I had suspected that she actually needs a full rebush aswell, it never rains, but is pours! :xalright:

Cheers,
Teggs