Front bumper problems..

rialnet

after a small amount of toying with the idea, i decided to mesh the front bumper last night.

I followed the guides dotted around the forum and removed all the fastenings and all went smoothly except i couldnt get the bumper off :?

am i missing something :oops:

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
rialnet said:
after a small amount of toying with the idea, i decided to mesh the front bumper last night.

I followed the guides dotted around the forum and removed all the fastenings and all went smoothly except i couldnt get the bumper off :?

am i missing something :oops:
Maybe the bolt hidden in each of the wheel arches? The bumper can do with a bit of a pull to get it free when all the bolts are out.
Give me a call if you need a hand this evening.

Chris

rialnet

cheers Chris - i did find the bolts in the wheel arch, i just didnt want to pull it too hard in fear of damaging it !!!

BTW - fitted the number plate last night, looks 8)

mikegsi

Staff member
if i remember rightly......

firstly the 6 plastic clips where the bonnet release catch is.
there are another 4 of these plastic clips on the underside of the bumper, two at the front and one on each side near the wheel arch.
two 10mm bolts near the front underside (one either side of the plastic clips)
8 phillips screws, two on each wheel arch, another two on each side near the 10mm bolts,
finally the 8mm bolts hidden in the wheel arch.

once all these are out it will just pull off :wink:

truffs

trust me mate. I have a habit of breaking things etc and i managed to pull it off and put it back on at the weekend, it was a bit of a tug of war but i got there :lol:

truffs

Sikboy - i was selling it for £150 if you want it. Proper DC5 bumper very good condition, artic blue. The only thing it dosent have have is the lower lip thanks to the bloody badger :evil:

I really hope you two are ok. It wasnt after a session like Thruxton was it :lol: :?:

opps just noticed the above posted in the wrong section :oops:

rialnet

Right - i'll give it another go tonight if the weather improves !

be on standby Chris :D

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
rialnet said:
Right - i'll give it another go tonight if the weather improves !

be on standby Chris :D
:xyes: I'll remember to keep my mobile switched on for once. :lol: