Front End - CV Joint / Drop link

skengdR

Advanced Member
Hi guys , went to wales for a few days and on the way back ive noticed a sound on very low speeds only when turning left.

what do you think , cv joint or drop link ?

I will try to get the car on a lift asap and figure it out

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skengdR

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Possibly CV joint or ball joint.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk
any suggestions where to find replacement ones ? i am guessing new is hard to find

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
You can buy an outer CV joint from Jap service parts, think it's an EP3 one and Prelude BB6 ball joints are a straight fit on our cars (supposedly) as it's a nightmare trying to get OEM DC5 ball joints. I'll tell you for certain if they fit as mine are being done next week ha ha. You could always buy Buddy Club Roll Centre adjusters too instead of Prelude BB6 ball joints but they're nearly double the price.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
skengdR said:
thanks for the link , someone help me / educate me as i am still learning about these things

does the drive shaft contain these cv and ball joints ?

No mate, they're two different parts. The driveshaft consists of an outer and inner joint. The inner joint or entire joint are well expensive, around £600 from Honda. In most cases you can get away with replacing just the outer joint which is on the Jap Service parts link I've provided above.

The ball joints are an entirely separate part. Original DC5 ball joints are pretty much impossible to get hold of seemingly, I was told that Prelude BB6 ball joints are a like for like replacement and you should try and stick to Honda OEM for this part if you can. I'm getting some Prelude ones fitted to mine next week along with some other bushes and bits.

The buddy club ones are also ball joints but are aftermarket designed for lowered cars but you'll probably be fine with them.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

skengdR

Advanced Member
thanks for all the info mate , let me know how you get on with the repairs next week .

mine is due to go in for some work end of month so I will add this onto the list , hopefully the noise stops , if not it will drive me crazy

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
skengdR said:
thanks for all the info mate , let me know how you get on with the repairs next week .

mine is due to go in for some work end of month so I will add this onto the list , hopefully the noise stops , if not it will drive me crazy

No probs mate you're welcome. Hopefully you get it sorted, it's irritating when a little noise occurs and you don't know what's causing it. Mine has been making similar noises for the best part of a year and has never handled right since day one which was 2 years ago, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how it feels as I'm having quite a bit of work done. I'll be annoyed if these Prelude ball joints aren't the right fitment as others on here have said they're a straight fit for the DC5.