Front end panel alignment..

Raffe

Advanced Member
A funny request...

Ian who I bought the car off had a cf bonnet fitted and has subsequently fitted an oem bonnet for the sale, now with all due respect to Ian I am not happy with the alignment of the lights and bonnet in relation to the bumper :oops:

Funny thing is the bonnet lookes well fitted and the lights and bumper look on the piss.

Can anyone give me an order of things to align to get it all right, I was thinking of tweaking the bonnet a touch, then aligning the lights to the wings and the bonnet and finally the bumper??

Any advice or suggestions on how to get this spot on would be appreciated as it drives me insane when looking at the front of the car :oops: :lol:

Thanks peeps.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
I think you will struggle to get everything looking spot on. Post a pic to show us all how far out the alignment is.

Also note that if you move the headlights you will need to get them realigned

Raffe

Advanced Member
Hmmm...I am right in thinking that when I go down to TGM for a service this is the kind of thing they could do as they do crash repairs and build race cars??

Its not that bad....but its not right and I can;t live with it :oops: :oops: :arrow:

carfiend

Advanced Member
Tom should be able to help you out with that. After looking at some of the states the race cars get in I am sure he will know how to straighten it out.

Raffe

Advanced Member
I don;t think anything is bent, I would guess that the lghts and bumper were aligned to coincide with the fit of the cf bonnet as they never fit 100% and now an oem bonnet is on its all gone a bit to cock :lol:

I may get it up the workshop and have a play over Christmas and see how much worse I can make it :lol:

dan the man

Advanced Member
right what id do is thus..

align the bonnet so dead straight and parallel with the edges of the wings, then make sure the bonnet tips at the top follow on to the contours of the wings and the fron edges where the corners are meet at where the wings stop/ lights start.

Then id look at the lights and bumper. The lights are held in place with nuts and lugs etc but have brackets on the underneath that hold the bumper VERY close for a tight fit and good panel lines.

Above the honda badge to the left and right where the 'flat' bits of the bonnet touch down where it gets dirty (u will suss where i mean) are hard spots to get each side syymetrical. As the inside corners of the lights (pointy bits) dont exactly have a set flush point with the bumper. They are kind fo proud as the bumper goes underneath bonnet to grill etc..

Its getting these bits the same in my oppinion to make it look right :D