Front jacking point

spooke

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
I've no idea, could be? It's the big fat thing. I hope it was safe to use, bit late now if it wasn't!

If it's this part, you probably shouldn't but if it hasn't dented it it's probably not a problem (I imagine it's pretty strong :D) although I wouldn't use it again.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Yeah that bit, right where the gap between the wheel and the skirt is as the car was too low to use the jacking point.

I'll use the towing eye from now on!

2ndy

Advanced Member
Trailing arm is fine to jack it up with, theyre really strong, Anywhere were there is a bushing is probably the best place to use though

2ndy

Advanced Member
I jack the car up front at the subframe then rear at the towing eye and put stands under the normal jacking points at the sides, Always found it to be the handiest as theyre not blocking anything being there so you can mess about with whatever..

My car has sat on 4 axle stand for about 2 months at a time and its always been fine

Any point that the subframe bolts to the car is good aswell for the front or back

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Cheers. I need to get under it this week to replace the O2 sensor, but only have 2 axle stands. I should be okay as the sensor was only replaced recently so should be easy to remove.

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Cheers. I need to get under it this week to replace the O2 sensor, but only have 2 axle stands. I should be okay as the sensor was only replaced recently so should be easy to remove.
Put some copper grease around the threads of the new one. I use it on all my exhaust related bolts and nuts, just to make sure i can remove them when needed. When you don't do this you have the chance they'll seize.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Put some copper grease around the threads of the new one. I use it on all my exhaust related bolts and nuts, just to make sure i can remove them when needed. When you don't do this you have the chance they'll seize.
Cheers, ordered some off Amazon Prime last night.

2ndy

Advanced Member
Have the front up will be good for that chris, just had mine jacked up like that and access to the o2 sensor was ok as mine is giving me bother aswell at 6 months old :S

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I should find out in about an hour as I think it's waiting for me at the post office. Bloody things.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
You know,I`ve been on this forum for the best part of 14 years and it`s still so helpful. Anything that you could possibly want is only a query away....Well done everyone and as always thanks for the help and advice...it`s priceless xthumbup

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I should find out in about an hour as I think it's waiting for me at the post office. Bloody things.
Well I tried, unfortunately my Halfords jack wheels were bending a bit to get the car high enough in order to get under the car enough to get some torque on the sensor. I didn't trust it fully after that to get the car back down so I gave up.

So I'll drop by TGM on Saturday! :D

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Liftmaster 2.5 Ton Aluminium Low Profile QuickLift Trolley Racing Jack https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003AP24P6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_0EH3yb6RSE7JA

Bought one of these as had same issues with generic jacks bending or breaking. Brilliant for the money.

Also bought these, for when I need proper height. On ramps alone, the car is as high as the max lift on trolley. Pumped up there's an additional 15 to 20 cm of clearance.

Car Ramp Hydraulic Lifting Jack Car Device Ramp Adjustable 2T Garage Bottle Jack https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M6Z09QM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_aGH3ybA0HGKPF

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Correct, as I discovered yesterday. Bumper off job if you want it on stands.

Pain in the arse really. Actually tempted to cut a hole

Actually..... This is incorrect on the genuine bumper. There's already a cut out, it's just a pig to see, and even my low entry jack isn't low enough due to the depth of the jack point.

I now drive onto my old brake disks, then there's loads of room.

Looking at pics of mugen 'style' bumpers, there's no cut out. Genuine ones there is thankfully :)

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
I use these to work on the car

As you can see a lot of workspace underneath, and safe to work with.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
What's the bit in the red circle? As that's where I jacked it at the rear this weekend to change wheels.

Is the towing hook/eye for recommended to do the rear?