Front LCA bushes or RCA roll centre adjusters, are they worth adding/ upgrading to?

madmechanic25

Yeah I have these fitted to mine and defe worth doing car feel a lot more tighter with the bushes and feels like it corners a lot better to me with the centre roll adjusters ! Only thing I was worried about was the ball joints don't have a circlip holding them in but the original ones didn't either and the new ones are still good after a few track days and fast road driving !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p1tse

Advanced Member
I'm not mad for track, but just like to keep things fresh

Not in a position to do so at the moment, so will wait, but thinking on the lca bushes, as that will be updating older perished bushes

p1tse

Advanced Member
Anyone regret fitting either of these?
Sometimes oem is just better for daily use and oem has shown wear rate is good too for longevity

spooke

Advanced Member
RCA's are dependent on your ride height, for example J's Racing only recommend to use theirs if you're lower than -35mm iirc.

If you're not going to get coilovers then the caster bushes are worth it. Caster will help with steering feel and stability, not sure how much you gain with them though.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Another thing to consider Patch, is the hardrace LCA bushes. As yours is primarily a daily, I personally think...

A) you may find the poly bushes too harsh,
and B ) I've spoken to a few people that have said they squeak and creak a lot after a few months. yes you can grease them, but its still going to be one of those persitant niggles I believe.

Its what made me sway towards the hardened rubber ones from Hardrace. If you are changing them purely to replace perished ones id go for those personally.

I am looking at RCA's too purely to replace old. I know you can get replacement Prelude ones that fit, but the chap on here who fitted them didn't really give a glowing report back, so put me off. haha Spoke to TGM and Adam as he had them, Rom also runs them and on a lowering spring no adverse effects have been had. Its one of those things that if its not broke, don't fix it with these ball joint's. Get the car on a ramp and get them checked out, if they are needed I believe you will be absolutely fine getting the RCA replacements which are known to fit.

p1tse

Advanced Member
@ Jimmer, thanks
Will look at hardrace as an option

Maybe give the rca a miss, as been on ramp and nothing suspect.
That's just one thing which puts me off is the potential noises from the superpro bushes, seems like they need decent amount of grease to eliminate, although the thought of theory of increase castor is good

However, another thing to consider, if it isn't broke situation.

Poly bushes harsh in what way?
Just nice to know to keep things in check

Kevin85

Advanced Member
I have SuperPro caster bushes and they don't make any noise. They're not regularly greased, or even cleaned..

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Fair doos :) I suppose its all down to individual circumstances. Ive heard they squeek, others haven't bla bla.

Good to know though for Patch.

Cheers

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hi Jimmer,

I'm getting a set of Hardrace LCA bushes for the front fitted in the coming weeks as my superpro castor bush is knackered.

Does it make any difference to the handling and feel of the car with the Hardrace on?

How much did you pay for yours if you don't mind me asking as I've seen some for £200 and some for £400 (4pc set).

Cheers

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Crikey that was some time ago. Haha can‘t remember the actual price but I got them from Jono. His prices should still be on the forum under dealers. :).

They were better than worn ones that‘s for sure. No problems with them to report, all good. :). Car still feels a taut as ever. Although I‘ve got nothing to compare it to Teg wise now as all me mates have sold there‘s haha. I imagine most regs would benefit from new bushes now if they haven‘t already anyway due to the age of them.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Regs lol! Ha ha no worries mate, thanks for the feedback all the same. Yes I'm having them done out of necessity more than anything but VTEC Direct recommend them over the Poly bushes and Super Pro ones, says they run them on their Civic race cars and they're a lot better. Cheers James!

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Fez

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Hi Jimmer,

I'm getting a set of Hardrace LCA bushes for the front fitted in the coming weeks as my superpro castor bush is knackered.

Does it make any difference to the handling and feel of the car with the Hardrace on?

How much did you pay for yours if you don't mind me asking as I've seen some for £200 and some for £400 (4pc set).

Cheers
When you say ‘knackered‘ in what way? I‘ve never had a poly bush fail.
And if the hardrace bushes are as much as £200, i would just replace he the superpro witt new superpro caster bushes for ~£130

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
The passenger side LCA Bush is completely squidged into the arm, not sure how it's happened but it has. Vtec direct reckon that's what's causing both the wayward handling and the knocking noise. It's too late to change them now as I've already ordered the hardrace and tbh, they look a lot stronger. If I'd have been the original purchaser of the Super Pro I'd have gone back to them via the warranty but I'm not sadly.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk