Front lower ball joint?

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Hi guys.
I installed a set of buddy club roll centre adjusters on my dc5 but as I have not got the car low enough for them to work correctly they are giving bump steer which is bad.

So I need to replace them with OEM ball joints again.

Does any one where I can get a pair from without having to buy the complete hub?

Thanks
J

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
There's a couple sets on ebay - integra dc5 ball joint, for £26. As for the quality I don't know but they have a warranty with them.

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
@JamesSSB - Can i ask how low is your car? is it sitting on lowering springs? because i was thinking about changing the roll center on mine to BC one too. And now i am having a second thought.

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Hi,
When I bought my car it was on eibach springs so i do not know what stock hight is.
I have just installed a set of Meister R Zeta coilovers and he gap between the arch and tyre is about 1"

For the roll centre adjusters to work I am told that the car has to be very low, Tyres tucked right under the arches.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
My dc5 is sounds about the same height as yours, I have no problems with my buddy club rca's or suffer from bump steer. What is your geometry set to on the meister r's? give Paul a ring at buddy club UK before you remove the rca's or give tom at tgm and call.

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
Hi,
When I bought my car it was on eibach springs so i do not know what stock hight is.
I have just installed a set of Meister R Zeta coilovers and he gap between the arch and tyre is about 1"

For the roll centre adjusters to work I am told that the car has to be very low, Tyres tucked right under the arches.
I was working on my front suspensions the other day and notice your problem could be the track rod end, because the BC roll center sits a little bit higher than OEM and therefore changed the angle of the track rod ends and effected the steering. I think a set of inverted rod ends can solve this problem.

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
TGM have done all he work so far.
The meister R coilovers with the straight arm was causing massive bump steer also so jerrick has now replaced it with a V arm like stock oem shocks have.
It has now helped but the car is still getting nervous when hitting bumps.
Tom is a bit baffled and says it's most likely the ball joints.
But I have polly bushes and cusco ARB on front and the caster increase may not be helping.
I may give Paul a ring it would not hurt I suppose.

J

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Thread revival.... Does anyone know if we can get an OEM replacement lower ball joint? Some say yes, some say no. Anyone have a definitive answer?

Thanks peeps

(not the buddyclub ones though)

davidpingu

Advanced Member
A quick call to someone like Funkypower and they could confirm if EP3 and DC5 roll centre adjusters are a different size or the same. If they aren't then you know EP3 ones should work.

Just noticed the buddyclub ones have gone up by about 30 - 40% in price??? I paid just over £100 for mine 2 years ago and I'm sure they were still the same price until very recently.

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
Ep3 ones are different iirc. Sure they are smaller in diameter. I know the buddyclub ones are different for each model. Ep3 ones also come with a cir-clip.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Steve_DC5 said:
Ep3 ones are different iirc. Sure they are smaller in diameter. I know the buddyclub ones are different for each model. Ep3 ones also come with a cir-clip.
That suggests the ones in James' link are EP3 ones and not DC5 (Type R at least) if thats the case as there are cir-clips in the pictures. I did wonder as my Buddyclubs didn't come with cir-clips either

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yeah, all the ones I am seeing have circlips in the image. im going to avoid anythong with EP3 in it, looks like it could be honda only then. Brilliant. Thanks for confirming they dont. :)