Front lower ball joint

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Does anyone know where I could get a front lower ball joint as mine has some play in it and my mechanic said it will probably be an MOT failure.

Thanks.

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Not available seperate dude, you either have to for out £250 for a hub/Knuckle & balljoint from honda, or purchase the buddyclub roll centre balljoints for circa £150.

Ross

Rom

Advanced Member
Im pretty sure the BC ones etc dont have circlips. I certainly didnt when i fitted mine. Which would make me question why those do.
You could also be stuck without a car for a while, if you smash the old ones out, only to find these dont fit.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
A good point. Will the Roll centre adjusters work with a car that only has lowering springs?

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Yes, I'm lowered 30mm on tein springs on standard shock absorbers and they're brilliant.
I did a weeks worth of researching to find some OEM equivalent with no joy, so purchased the roll centres. 👍

lucas_dc5

Hi Coldfuse, my DC5 is currently in the garage having the front ball joints replaced as I had an advisory on my last MOT that they wouldn't get through this time. It's been difficult to get the little buggers, but I think the place I'm having the work done have sourced some from Japan, Blueprint parts I believe. Wan't me to let you know the details when I pick my car up next week?

Lucas.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Quick question if I may.

If I was to replace one or both ball joints. Would the car require a fresh geometry setup?

Thanks.

Rom

Advanced Member
Yeah, it would really. Any suspension component change, or removal and refit will potentially throw alignment out.

swanny1982

Advanced Member
Rage_DC5 said:
Yes, I'm lowered 30mm on tein springs on standard shock absorbers and they're brilliant.
I did a weeks worth of researching to find some OEM equivalent with no joy, so purchased the roll centres.
hi mate, can i purchase roll centre adjusters if the car is sat on oem springs and not lowered, i have the exact situation where the car is sat on a ramp in a garage with the old ball joints smashed out lol

swanny1982

Advanced Member
lucas_dc5 said:
Hi Coldfuse, my DC5 is currently in the garage having the front ball joints replaced as I had an advisory on my last MOT that they wouldn't get through this time. It's been difficult to get the little buggers, but I think the place I'm having the work done have sourced some from Japan, Blueprint parts I believe. Wan't me to let you know the details when I pick my car up next week?

Lucas.
hi lucas, did you manage to source the lower ball joints, im in the same situation without a car!