Front no. Plate dilemma

Parry

Advanced Member
Right then guys and girls I‘m in abit of a predicament atm as to whether or not remove my front no. Plate all together. I have had the front no. Plate relocated to the n/s and it‘s all good albeit a lil flimsy. But after seeing a mclaren today without a front no. Plate next to one with, the one without looked so much better. Also I have seen some 5‘s without and if they could ever be any better looking it‘s without a front no. Plate. Just after abit of convincing or not and seeing what other owners have done with theirs. So fire away.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Parry said:
Right then guys and girls I‘m in abit of a predicament atm as to whether or not remove my front no. Plate all together. I have had the front no. Plate relocated to the n/s and it‘s all good albeit a lil flimsy. But after seeing a mclaren today without a front no. Plate next to one with, the one without looked so much better. Also I have seen some 5‘s without and if they could ever be any better looking it‘s without a front no. Plate. Just after abit of convincing or not and seeing what other owners have done with theirs. So fire away.
I don‘t see the issue here, in the uk you legally have to display a front number plate unless you want to get a reputation with the police, constantly pulled over and fined £100 a time (I believe the fine is).

If you don‘t like the oem one then get the bumper smoothed and run a sticky plate (risking the above again) or just relocate a normal one and be safe.

I run a beat rush plate re locator on the road and it looks like this

Two bolts and less than 2 mins later for show and track days it looks like this

Personally I think it‘s a silly idea to not run a front plate just because it looks better as your constantly at risk of fines or if caught in end time again maybe worse...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattz

Advanced Member
Not worth the hassle. I ran no front plate for once and got caught and given a warning. Fitted a small stick on plate and a week later got caught again and fined £100.

I'm now running a regular sized stick on plate.

EP3-Carl

Advanced Member
I use to run no plate for a while but was pulled over for it and hit with a £100 fine,

So I no run a small stick on plate have been on the car over a year now and never had any issues with it, prefer it now with the smaller plate then no plate

The plates can also be bought on here also

wocka

Advanced Member
bennn said:
Where do you guys buy the smaller sticky plates? Cheers Ben
Hi Ben. I‘m the sticky plate guy, send me a pm

berg

Never understood these numberplates to one side

The stock plate location and bracket looks sooo much better than any of them

Each to their own i guess

BataLeon

Advanced Member
I'm trying out the look without the plate holder. Bought a Static Plate which is removal, its good but definitely not legal as the font is too small. I've ordered a sticker plate from wocka so will give that a go instead.

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
I will be selling the smallest legally allowed plates in the next few weeks once I get a prototype finalised (next week)

Website is currently in development but it is:-

Https://www.jdmplates.co.uk

I will get prices finalised etc in the near future but I will obviously give discount to forum members.

My plates will have all the legal marking and I will even supply paperwork to prove they are legal (for if you ever get stopped) :)

Teggs

Put mine on today from Wocka, I'm happy!
I've been running with one of Wocka's stick on plates for about 2 months now, really makes a great difference to the look of the car as opposed to a big chunk of plastic with rusty nuts!

They are pretty much a similar size to a regular plate, reflective material and seem to fit the DC5 bumper perfectly. Think this is the best balance between aesthetics and polis concerns, no issues as yet.

I asked an MOT guy what he thought about this, seems a bit of a grey area, but advised to keep a 'real' plate in the boot, then if I get pulled, 'I changed it as soon as I drove away from the garage!' (good arse covering). Think the feds have bigger fish to fry these days.

wocka

Advanced Member
Teggs said:
I've been running with one of Wocka's stick on plates for about 2 months now, really makes a great difference to the look of the car as opposed to a big chunk of plastic with rusty nuts!

They are pretty much a similar size to a regular plate, reflective material and seem to fit the DC5 bumper perfectly. Think this is the best balance between aesthetics and polis concerns, no issues as yet.

I asked an MOT guy what he thought about this, seems a bit of a grey area, but advised to keep a 'real' plate in the boot, then if I get pulled, 'I changed it as soon as I drove away from the garage!' (good arse covering). Think the feds have bigger fish to fry these days.
Good to hear some feedback mate, I actually spoke to a lad the other day that has one of my plates and turns out it could be 3/4 years old now, still has the spares that come in the set. I once got told my plates are 0.5mm too short on the letter height

Cam

Advanced Member
Berg said:
Never understood these numberplates to one side

The stock plate location and bracket looks sooo much better than any of them

Each to their own i guess
Totally agree for the standard sized square plate, looks best left alone in the middle.

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
Cam said:
Totally agree for the standard sized square plate, looks best left alone in the middle.
I can understand this to a certain extent but for private plates I think a rectangle plate looks best and these only look good on the sides of the bumper. That‘s my own opinion though!

With regards to number plate dilemmas, see the group buy or website link in my signature! PM if if you have any questions or concerns!