Front/ Rear Disks

rexs

Replacing the front/rear disks on the teg, going oem on the rear but which would be the best grooved ( odd trackdays ) disk for the front and where to purchase?
and which pads to fit all round.
Thanks rexs

masterjedijay

Advanced Member
I have Dixcel slotted discs front and back with Dixcel extra speed pads. They are really good cold but awesome once warmed up. Best set up I have had in my six years owning the Teg.

2ndy

Advanced Member
I've got dixcels entry level pads for when I'm just on the road and they're really good. I've a set of mugen pads and I I rate the dixcels better than those

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I have Dixcel slotted discs front and back with Dixcel extra speed pads. They are really good cold but awesome once warmed up. Best set up I have had in my six years owning the Teg.
Anyone know where I can get the Dixcel slotted discs for the DC5 (fornt ones) I have ES pads all round ready to go on and was going to get new OEM rear discs but want the Dixcel slotted discs on the front if no one recommends anything better

Thanks

PS I have heard OEM are fine for track days on DC5, this true with the ES pads?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Anyone know where I can get the Dixcel slotted discs for the DC5 (fornt ones) I have ES pads all round ready to go on and was going to get new OEM rear discs but want the Dixcel slotted discs on the front if no one recommends anything better

Thanks

PS I have heard OEM are fine for track days on DC5, this true with the ES pads?
https://www.taikyu.uk/

2ndy

Advanced Member
Don't think I'd bother with the ES on track, I've seen them fade on the road. They're a great lad but could ruin your track day depending on what track your at.

Pedal feel is great compared to the mugens I used last time but they just wouldn't last aslong

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Cheers Chris will have to have a good look through this as it seems there are loads of options available, do you think the ES will be ok ?
For road use, yes, but not for track. Dixcel are considered a budget brand over in JP from what I've been told by an importer who has spent time with race teams out there.

There really is no substitute for going all out on a BBK, because otherwise you'll just waste money on changing discs and pads every few track days as the stock rotors and calipers really aren't up for the job of regular track abuse.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
For road use, yes, but not for track. Dixcel are considered a budget brand over in JP from what I've been told by an importer who has spent time with race teams out there.

There really is no substitute for going all out on a BBK, because otherwise you'll just waste money on changing discs and pads every few track days as the stock rotors and calipers really aren't up for the job of regular track abuse.
Ok mate cheers for confirming, I have the ES pads already so may just go oem discs for this year (as the car's not even going to be back until June) and then get 1 or two light sessions in to get a feel for the car and then get a big brake setup over the winter depending on how it performs.

Your setup does not fit under OEM wheels does it?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
OEM rears are fine for track, maybe an uprated pad if going hell for leather. No, OEM wheels won't fit over mine, although I understand you can get some AP kits that will.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
OEM rears are fine for track, maybe an uprated pad if going hell for leather. No, OEM wheels won't fit over mine, although I understand you can get some AP kits that will.
Awesome mate I will look into this and run OEM discs with ES pads this year for the few sessions I aim to do (when my car's ready) else I will build up the rest of the parts ready for next year

2ndy

Advanced Member
I've used my standard discs for 12k road miles and 4 track days and they've been fine and that's a track thats known for destroying brakes. I'd say the discs are going to be good for another year atleast.

I disagree when people say the OEM brake parts aren't up to the job but what would I know :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
I've used my standard discs for 12k road miles and 4 track days and they've been fine and that's a track thats known for destroying brakes. I'd say the discs are going to be good for another year atleast.

I disagree when people say the OEM brake parts aren't up to the job but what would I know :)
Thanks mate, if I get it ready in time for some track days this year it will be Brands more than likely / Castle Combe maybe and I have yet to take the DC5 on track and been out of the loop for a good few years so will be taking it easy anyway learning both the car and tracks again (well brands) never done Combe so that would be a first

2ndy

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Thanks mate, if I get it ready in time for some track days this year it will be Brands more than likely / Castle Combe maybe and I have yet to take the DC5 on track and been out of the loop for a good few years so will be taking it easy anyway learning both the car and tracks again (well brands) never done Combe so that would be a first
Definitely mate, I say go for it with the dixcels.. first time out and you'll probably work out what parts of the cars you want to change, Different people like their cars to perform in different ways so you never know, you might like the brakes as they are!

I used EBC blue stuff pads last year which get a terrible rating from a lot of people but I think they're great, I'm no race driver though I just go out and have fun, have never even timed a lap before

carl hammond

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
Definitely mate, I say go for it with the dixcels.. first time out and you'll probably work out what parts of the cars you want to change, Different people like their cars to perform in different ways so you never know, you might like the brakes as they are!

I used EBC blue stuff pads last year which get a terrible rating from a lot of people but I think they're great, I'm no race driver though I just go out and have fun, have never even timed a lap before
I think mine has green stuff pads on it at the moment (were on it since when I brought it) but the discs are knackered (really bad lip on the fronts) so I need to replace those meaning the pads also are knackered (is this right)? Both sets front and rear have a lot of meat on them still annoyingly.

2ndy

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I think mine has green stuff pads on it at the moment (were on it since when I brought it) but the discs are knackered (really bad lip on the fronts) so I need to replace those meaning the pads also are knackered (is this right)? Both sets front and rear have a lot of meat on them still annoyingly.
If there's still plenty of meat on them and the pad surface is still nice and flat you could still use them, most people just change them together as it's handy but if you've a lot of life left in the pds I'd just use them up

Fez

Advanced Member
I've got dixcel es on front and rear and done 2 track days on them and probably about 8-10k, they have been great so far. Much better than my previous ds2500's which didnt last one track day lol. For a "budget" pad (front and rear cost less than just front ds2500's) they're great.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Fez said:
I've got dixcel es on front and rear and done 2 track days on them and probably about 8-10k, they have been great so far. Much better than my previous ds2500's which didnt last one track day lol. For a "budget" pad (front and rear cost less than just front ds2500's) they're great.
Thanks Fez, what discs are you using?