Front Speakers Don't Work?!?!

hsvgtsuk

I've read through the topics and can't see anything on the same subject, so here goes.....

When I orginally bought the car (wow, 4 years ago now!), I fitted a Pioneer head unit with integaral Bluetooth. Worked absolutely fine for about 3/1/2 years then during a call it dropped dropped the incoming part of the call (They could hear me but couldn't hear them). Tested phone and made sure everything connected, so figured that it was the head unit at fault.

Changed it yesterday for a Becker Unit and the same problem was still there. After a lot of head scratching and installation checking I couldn't find anything wrong, so ended up playing with the setup. When I pushed the fader to the front speakers, no output on both in any mode (iPod / CD / Radio). Swaped out the unit for the old one, same problem.

I have checked the speakers (Kenwood units fitted and all intact and working), which leaves the bit between the head unit and the speakers.

Has anyone had the same problem?

Does anyone know if there is an additional amp in line tucked away somewhere?

Are there earthing issues??

Any other ideas if none of the above?

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
Do the speakers still work when they are not sat in door? also are the front speakers after market or standard items?

hsvgtsuk

No, speakers don't work when in the door.

As for if they are OE? I haven't got a clue, they were fitted to the car when it came in from Japan. I would guess they are aftermarket items though as they are Kenwoods and not "Honda" marked anywhere.

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
sounds like there earthing on the door, make sure the speaker magnet or any wires does not touch the door it self but check both sides as the same happened to me when i changed from oem to my jbl speakers