front stick on plate placement? middle or offset?

stick on front plate - middle or offset to N/S

• Middle

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Offset (N/S)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vt-marty

Advanced Member
oh man i cant decide!!!
got my stick on plate here and cant decide if i shoudl go middle or offset...

Jayk's was one of the first DC5's i fell in love with and i liked the offset plate...
just cant decide...

please poll your results... 8)

vt-marty

Advanced Member
drivebymonkey said:
looks like 100% say offset...

mind made up i think!! :lol: :lol:
haaahaha
love it...i think i'll wait a little lnger buddy for results....
my heart is saying offset...my head is saying middle - mainly cos middle seems to be the DC5 thing

but offset seems to 'float my boat'.....

we'll see...no doubt someone will say " its your car do what you want"....which doesnt really help...

anyway asmuch as helping me out this poll shoudl condense the thoughts of the many sticky plate placemtn topics we have on here....so its helping the masses as much as me :lol:

mikegsi

Staff member
middle saves you plugging and painting the hole the number plate holder leaves mate, mine was central :wink:

vt-marty

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
middle saves you plugging and painting the hole the number plate holder leaves mate, mine was central :wink:
yeah there is that to think about but i have some sheets of white sticky vinyl. not CW colour bur a 1/2" dia sticker isnt gopnna be that noticable.

wouldnt bother getting it filled and painted cos you can gaurantee the fuzz would demand the orig plate to be fitted the day after it came from teh body shop.haha

vt-marty

Advanced Member
offset was leading by 1 vote now the balance has tipped to middle winning by 1 vote...

pretty even then really.
the vaiosu posts id looked at seemed to favour middle over the offset. but the poll shows roughly even.

we'll see.

Raffe

Advanced Member
Middle all the way...I hate things not being symmetrical :x :oops: May be a bit of my OCD :lol: :lol:

keevster

Advanced Member
Middle for me. I am going to order one off fancyplates.

When ordering from fancy plates, does it give you an option for a stick on plate and what is the legal size dimensions i have to ask for.

The website is a bit confusing, when you dont have a clue what size of plate you want :oops:

Paul :wink:

vt-marty

Advanced Member
scales are swaying now...

as much as I like the offset position my job as a piping designer has the draughtsman in me crying out for symmetry lol

Symmetry is great but im not sure on this one. Maybe I'll photocopy the plate and stick it on in each position and try it for looks…bit of the 'old school draffy cut and paste'

As for prices I used mook, his details are on here.
I asked for a std import font at 64mm high which is legal. I alo asked that the plate overall heoght didn’t get too large to start going off the flat of the front of the bumper.
With that fixed height in mind mook said a 60mm font would look more correct not having the 64mm font right up to the edges of the plate.

So I went for it. Plate is 300mm x 83mm high and has 60mm font.
Looks great and is £15 delivered.

fonz600

Advanced Member
Stick on plates aren't legal if I remember correctly but if the size of font is legal size it would take a completey nobber to stop you.

Frazdog

Advanced Member
I think offset is good if on a square plate like the evo but if you going for a sticker it gota be middle!! Would just look odd ( unless its a small private plate ) you might get away with it! IMO :roll:

vt-marty

Advanced Member
LOOKING LIKES its gotta be middle then... 8)

as for legality im not 100% sure but many guys over the years have used them on cars and lots of guys use them on DC5's without any bother.

i suppose if a cop wanted to he coudl stop me and get his ruler out to check the dim's of the plate but they dont even stop all the 'foglight w**kers' these days so to stop me for a plate woudl be unlucky.

the fact that its correct font/spacing helps.

mikegsi

Staff member
vt-marty said:
LOOKING LIKES its gotta be middle then... 8)

as for legality im not 100% sure but many guys over the years have used them on cars and lots of guys use them on DC5's without any bother.

i suppose if a cop wanted to he coudl stop me and get his ruler out to check the dim's of the plate but they dont even stop all the 'foglight w**kers' these days so to stop me for a plate woudl be unlucky.

the fact that its correct font/spacing helps.
never got stopped with mine on mate round here on over two years........

dont go under 80mm for height and you should be fine, length obv as per your reg allows ( my 5 character one with no gaps was 330mm)

vt-marty

Advanced Member
to be hinest i put the plate up against the one on the ar last nite, to compare the 64mm legal height font against hte 60mm on the sticky plate.

very hard to tell and once in place it will be even harder to tell.
you would have to get a ruler out to measure it.

but to look at it looks perfectly legal. non of this silly font/spacing lark thats crying out for a 'pulling' from the fuzz.

pics to follow once fitted

also photocopied it today at work so i can try the plate in each position and have a look-see at it...

happy days :D