Front stick on plate, who does them??

Foo King Kwik

Advanced Member
I got mine made up from my local sign and graphics company. Made on reflective backing with proper numberplate font in the correct size, for a tenner.

truupR

Advanced Member
I got mine from ChrisCC on here. Fits absolutely perfect. He sizes them correctly depending if you have a PFL or FL bumper. Gets my recommendation anyway...

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Rom said:
I think all stick ons are illegal ? Regardless of font and backing.
There was meant to be somewhere doing legal ones (correct size, spacing, font, reflective backing, BSAU stamp etc) but haven't been able to find somewhere as of yet.

Nvm I'll hold off.

Gordon

Rom

Advanced Member
Last i checked, its still a greyish area.

DVLA / VOSA hadnt tested, therefor approved any reflective material for use.

You need to read road traffic laws, not mot really, as they are different. I can pass a car which has blue flashing lights on the roof, doesnt mean the police wont do you for it.

My worst story...is getting a fine for running pressed plates. Legal font, spacing, background, size the only thing which wasnt allowed, was they had the French 'F' under the Euro Flag (ring of stars) instead of 'GB'
I got pulled 3 times with these on, never mentioned.
Then one Monday morning, in winter, i come out at like 6 am, theres a ticket on my screen for the plates. Left at like 3 am, while car was parked in a quiet new build kind of estate area, so no through roads. With cars parked in front and behind. So youd struggle to see the 'F' !

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Rom said:
I think all stick ons are illegal ? Regardless of font and backing.
^ this because they don't display the registration details of where the plate was registered and printed - depends on how the officer is feeling that day

Foo King Kwik

Advanced Member
I got the company I used to stick a postcode and bs number on the bottom of mine. As far as the rules and regs go mine is bang on legal.

Benneh

Advanced Member
RobCross said:
I got the company I used to stick a postcode and bs number on the bottom of mine. As far as the rules and regs go mine is bang on legal.
You may think that, but it's not.

The material used for registration plates has to be a certain type, and "sticky" plates do not conform to these requirements, hence they are illegal.

Whether you get pulled or fined for running them is down to your local police force and the officer on duty, but in the eyes of the law they shouldn't be used.