Front Strut: Information request.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Afternoon everyone!

Wondered if anyone could help me, Any ideas which brand of front strut this is, if any?

It was on the car when it came over from Japan, Can't see any markings or stickers on it.

I know, It needs a good clean :green:

Thanks,

Chewy.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Yep definately Spoon, i wasn't sure at first as the finish has dulled, but bit of Autosol polish and it will come right up :)

integraleo

Advanced Member
Sorry to hijack the thread but is there a list somewhere or do people know what front strut bars fit with gruppe m,teg m induction kits?

Chewy

Advanced Member
Thanks to both of you ChaserX and Maxvr6, much appreciated!

Wow, Was not expecting it to be Spoon strut - Bonus. :)

I've actually got some Autosol in the garage, I'll go give it a good polish now haha.

Chewy

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Sorry to hijack the thread but is there a list somewhere or do people know what front strut bars fit with gruppe m,teg m induction kits?
No worries, Hijack away chap!

I'm intrigued myself to know if a Gruppe M or Tegiwa intake will fit under this strut as that's next on my to-do list.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I have a Mugen front strut bar and no idea if the Tegiwa M will fit under it, but i have the kit ready to fit this weekend, so i'll soon find out!

Chewy

Advanced Member
Awesome man, Hope the installation goes well for you!

You'll have to let us know if it fits or not, Might be worth compiling a list of Strut/Gruppe m or Tegiwa combinations that do and don't work.

I should have just 'bit the bullet' and brought one in the sale yesterday...

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Ultra Racing Front Strut brace does not fit the Gruppe M kit unfortunately.

As far as I know the following front struts do fit the Gruppe M kit are:

J's Racing
Cusco

integraleo

Advanced Member
I think ultra racing do a 2 point strut as well does that fit? I really like white bar rather than shiny metal,goes with rocker cover.

integraleo

Advanced Member
For type r fitment it's an angled bar but type s is straight and sure that would fit.what's the difference? Wouldn't have thought they would fit differently

hondadc2

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
I have a Mugen front strut bar and no idea if the Tegiwa M will fit under it, but i have the kit ready to fit this weekend, so i'll soon find out!
It will fit
just remember to pad the strut