Front Winglets

japhead

Just made a set from 3mm aluminum today will post up pics tomorrow of them fitted hopefully :)

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
Areo parts are awesome! i have a set of winglets on my car and i liked them alot. Good for high speed stability. :green:

i am also deciding of getting Carnards too, but it has to look right, not too short or long, and it has to curved round the bumper smoothly and not pointy, and colour coded! i am still searching for the perfect ones at the moment.

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
haha yeah we messed about with these ones on the standard bumper.

they should be on a c-west bumper :)

blueguy

Resident J's whore
For me, standard dc5 bumpers can't pull off canards purely because of where the air vents are/shaped. It's just looks wrong.

weasel

Advanced Member
Mine.

I personally feel that you need an after market bumper to pull of canards but the Mugen ones might look good on the OEM bumper??...thoughts any one??

Mugen

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
weasel said:
Those mugen canards looks like it's has been put on wrong... the little curve on the top should be facing downward to catch the air??? Anyway it's too short... it wont function properly. I think OEM bumper is ok for canards but as i said the shape is very important. I am gonna try and make a pair myself and see.

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Bonson said:
Areo parts are awesome! i have a set of winglets on my car and i liked them alot. Good for high speed stability. :green:

i am also deciding of getting Carnards too, but it has to look right, not too short or long, and it has to curved round the bumper smoothly and not pointy, and colour coded! i am still searching for the perfect ones at the moment.

Bonson - Are they the Kancept Winglets? They look great!

mike.williams said:

dont know what they are though
That is the picture that made me want some. I also like them on the rear of the skirts like the above picture as well.

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
Actually, i bought them from tegiwa :-# . It's for a EK civic but i give it a go and it turns out looking perfect.

On a side note, are you seriously putting them at the back also? looks like its about to takeoff, haha.