Frozen Integra - Type Aaaarggh

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
:x This weather up in the Frozen North is driving me crazy!

This is the third time in as many weeks that both doors have been frozen solid. I had to gain entry to my Teg via the tailgate today, just to get to work. And yes you guessed it - once I had shut the tailgate behind me, I was virtually a prisoner in my own car - I had to exit in a Dukes of Hazzard styley through the drivers door window in the work car park!!

I got some strange looks I can tell you :D

Aside from normal lock de-icers, is there anything else to reduce this from happening. (without moving to warmer climes of course).

Project

Advanced Member
xrofl I'm sorry mate but thats just too funny, through the boot and out the window, you must have looked like Mr Bean trying to get in and out this morning.
Only other thing I can think of is a car cover, should reduce the temperature abit so the doors dont seal. Or try some night before de-icer, I used this stuff in december, go out before you sleep and spray it on and in the morning not a spot of ice anywhere on the screens, should do the same job on doors

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Luke warm will do it, without any fuss... just make sure it's not hot to the touch, otherwise you might be looking for some glass... :roll:

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
The doors shouldn't freeze shut :shock:

What temps are we talking about? My old EP3 was fine, even down to -10 in Germany.

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
Decklogic1 said:
I had to exit in a Dukes of Hazzard styley through the drivers door window in the work car park!!
how did you shut the window after you had climbed out of it? :xconfused:

markie

Advanced Member
I had the same problem this morning but my passengers door opened and climbed in from passengers seat. that was a big enough task must have been a nightmare trying to climb through from the boot.i was working night shift last night aswell thats the last thing you need when the only thing you want to do is get home to your bed.the drivers lock on mine was frozen as the lock button didnt move when working the central locking.it was working perfect by the time i got home.

impne

Advanced Member
I had this on an old Fiat years ago but put it down to bad build quality and rubbish door seals, I wouldn't have thought the teg would do this

gixer750

Advanced Member
100% silicone spray on the door seals and latch, try that. should be ok for a bit at least :wink:

keevster

Advanced Member
It happens, especially up here in Scotland. Have had this problem with most cars i have owned :evil: , i can usually get in though eventually with a bit of prodding and some luke warm water down the door frame :lol:

Paul

ally_mac

Advanced Member
This sometimes used to happen to my car on a really bad winter morning, all i used to do it get a jug of water water (but not too warm) and pour it round the outside of the door, this was usually enough to melt the ice so i could open the door

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
[/quote]how did you shut the window after you had climbed out of it? :xconfused:[/quote]

I had to make one more journey through the tailgate to put up the window, and retrieve my keys :p Not at all a cool look I can tell you, especially when getting out of one of the coolest models of car around.

Yep locks frozen solid - I've bought some lock de-icer, and will have the kettle on stand-by. :D