FRS in Scotland?

tidyneil

hi, after reading a few posts i think i fancy the FRS, my car feels really harsh on the roads and i reckon this will fix it. my car has oem suspension, can this still be done and how much does it roughly cost? and is there anywhere in scotland around Glasgow/Ayr that can do this? thanks in advance.

thomsojf

Advanced Member
Hey Neil,

Everyone on Type R scotland swears by a place in bonnybridge. I'm sure they are called progrip. You should give them a call.

Jonny

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
Ken Brown in Hillington is good too.... they do lots of work on DC5's and other performance cars.

(first time I was there they had a Ferrari, 911, and a couple of rally cars getting worked on)

You'll need some camber bolt for the FRS, for lowered suspension you need front and rear bolts but I think you can get away with just the rear on OEM suspention but i'd double check that ;)

http://www.eightspeed.co.uk/acatalog/Ca ... t_DC5.html

The Lum

Advanced Member
Pro Grip have moved to Larbert.

That's where I am going. Got my camber bolts and arms here just need a free day to run the car out to them. Heard nothing but good things.

rascal69

Advanced Member
Progrip or Kenny browns.
Will need rear arms and front camber bolts.
I think.
As they need to adjust the camber and castor of the wheels.

tidyneil

exellent, can someone give me a direct link to what im needing, im not very good with stuff like that and dont want to order the wrong part, i looked on the eightspeed site and there is a few different things, not sure which exact one it is that i need. cheers

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
If you need to get the bolts for the front with OEM suspension then get these... (only £18 quid anyway)
SPC Front Camber Bolt Set DC5 (Ref: 3630)

and either one of these...
SPC Rear Camber Arm Kit DC5 (Ref: 3631)
D2 Racing Rear Camber Arm Kit EP3 (Ref: 3638)
Buddyclub Camber Adjustable Rear Arm Kit DC5 (Ref: 761)

there are a few posts below that talk about the different ones and they pretty much say they are all good enough..

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33511&hilit=camber+arms
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22636&hilit=camber+arms
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24304&p=213237&hilit=camber+arms#p213237

tidyneil

Mate thanks very much for the reply, it's very much appreciated, I'm starting not to like my new dc5 as it feels to solid, really hope this helps, cheers again :)