FRS in Scotland?

cameroon95

Advanced Member
As above? Anywhere near aberdeen where I can get a good geometry set up? Took it to a local tyre place and the car just doesn't feel the same.

martinj46

Advanced Member
Clark Motorsport out in Kintore are highly rated. I've used them in the past, and the car was on rails! FRS is circa £110 I believe

cameroon95

Advanced Member
Clark Motorsport out in Kintore are highly rated. I've used them in the past, and the car was on rails! FRS is circa £110 I believe

Awesome, actually what I wanted to hear. Was that using the camber bolts etc or just the standard oem set up?

martinj46

Advanced Member
I haven't got a DC5 yet, so that was on my current car, a Mini Cooper S, but I know they've done a few DC5's before. Give them a call, they are usually a helpful bunch

gibby85

Advanced Member
Euan at Clark Motorsport is a good guy. Done my fast road set up last year. Highly recommended!

cpoh

Advanced Member
People need to get it into their heads that a FRSU is just a 4 wheel alignment with slighly more aggressive settings than standard. Anywhere with decent alignment equipment will be well able for the task and it certainly shouldnt cost more than £50.

Just search here for peoples settings and get your reputable local place to adjust your car to that. Its not rocket science!

haggis88

People need to get it into their heads that a FRSU is just a 4 wheel alignment with slighly more aggressive settings than standard. Anywhere with decent alignment equipment will be well able for the task and it certainly shouldnt cost more than £50.

Just search here for peoples settings and get your reputable local place to adjust your car to that. Its not rocket science!

OMGZ YEAH BUT IT HAS TO HAVE A FANCY NICKNAME AND BE DONE BY THE MOST EXPENSIVE GARAGE AROUND OR ELSE IT CAN'T GO ON THE SPEC LIST!!!!!!!!!!

haha, just playing, i had a cracking alignment done for £40....i called it the MARRSU (mega aggressive rapid road setup)

gibby85

Advanced Member

You do realise when you lower your car you need FRSU or the car will handle like a bag of nails and you will suffer from more tyre wear? You need to have adjustable rear camber arms, camber bolts or camber adjustable top mounts fitted. All in, this will cost more than £50 if you dont fit these yourself.

Lol this lad is a friend of my missus, met him a few times

Yeah agreed Euan is a good lad
What lad is a friend of your mrs, me or Euan?

gibby85

Advanced Member
Haha! Got a bit confused.

Yeah, decent lad. Was going to buy his old B18 EF Civic a while back. Knows his stuff.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
heard ALOT about that civic mate back when i was looking into the Teg's he was importing an Evo for my mates colin and jenny.

He has their Evo stored up there right now for the winter.

gibby85

Advanced Member
The Civic was in great condition. A couple bits of surface rust but immaculate none the less!

He had a Ferrari Dino sitting outside for a while. It was getting a whole new suspension set up! Quality!

cpoh

Advanced Member
You do realise when you lower your car you need FRSU or the car will handle like a bag of nails and you will suffer from more tyre wear? You need to have adjustable rear camber arms, camber bolts or camber adjustable top mounts fitted. All in, this will cost more than £50 if you dont fit these yourself.
I have camber arms, camber bolts and eibach springs on my car. Previously I had Tein Flex coilovers, having owned my DC5 for 4 years ive fooled around with loads of settings. Getting a FRSU as people call it on here done refers to the car being aligned with slightly more aggressive camber and toe. Getting the parts fitted is totally separate and even the worst mechanics out there could carry that out in less than an hour, its idiot proof.

The alignment process itself is exactly the same as if the car is being aligned to normal specs, you just add a little extra camber, and change the tow settings. As I said get your local mechanic to fit your arms and bolts (less than an hour) and get your alignment done at a local for a fair price (about an hours work).

There is a misconception here that a "FRSU" is a blackart that only the most expensive tuning houses can carry out, and people are paying way over the odds for what is a straight forward service.

gibby85

Advanced Member
Nobody said it was a 'black art'. He asked for a reputable garage to get FRSU. I gave him an answer and a reason for using that garage.

Personally, I don't use just any garage.

IF the original poster doesn't have his DC5 lowered why would he want FRSU. The standard settings are perfect.

AND Nobody is telling you to call it FRSU. Call it what you want.

cameroon95

Advanced Member
Hey gibby,

My car is standard ride height however after getting laws to do laser alignment on my car it doesn't feel anywhere the same as what it was used to. Just doesn't feel as stable at all.

Stylesa

Advanced Member
some people just like to object to what others say callum.... the nature of forums unfortunately.

Euan and his guys are very experienced and gave me a lot of good advice. if other dont want to pay the extra money for things like that then that doesnt matter. it is only 'wheel alignment'.

gibby85

Advanced Member
some people just like to object to what others say callum.... the nature of forums unfortunately.

Euan and his guys are very experienced and gave me a lot of good advice. if other dont want to pay the extra money for things like that then that doesnt matter. it is only 'wheel alignment'.
Point taken.

Hey gibby,

My car is standard ride height however after getting laws to do laser alignment on my car it doesn't feel anywhere the same as what it was used to. Just doesn't feel as stable at all.
Laws tyres can only adjust your tracking using their laser allignment.They dont have the equipment to adjust your camber or castor. I suggest you take it back and get them to sort it if it doesnt feel right. They usually give you about 10 days for a re-check free of charge. They do have some clueless boys on their books though!

In future give Euan a shout at Clark Motorsport because as you can see a few boys on this forum use him.

cpoh

Advanced Member
Sweet jesus lads nobody is saying that you should go to any old garage for an alignment, go to a reputable one that has been recommended. This doesnt mean you pay an arm and a leg for the service, at the end of the day its a very straightforward job.

Cameroon, did you change your tyres aswell? Make sure the place has proper 4 wheel laser alignment equipment and not the weights type you see in a lot of independent backyard garages.

cameroon95

Advanced Member
@cpoh

I did actually get 4 brand new tyres, back end is a lot more slidy around roundabouts and doesn't feel as planted at higher speeds.
Most likely give clark a phone at the end of the summer and get a more through setup.