FRSU what do i need?

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Thinking of having the FRSU done and TGM is my preferred place to have it done as iv'e used them before, springs and camber bolts (i think) are needed.......Anything else?

Heard good things about THESE Eibacks any good?

Not contacted TGM yet so i dont know if they supply parts needed, opinions appreciated guys ;)

Most important to me is not a harsh/hard ride, if it can be made more comfortable that would be a bonus, if anyone has had this done what is the rough cost and your recommendations for what parts?
Just want to make sure i get it done right:)
Thanks in advance guys.

T.G.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I've got the D2 camber arms (2nd hand) and they didn't seem to cause the mechanics any issues.

I don't think a FRSU or any geo' setup will affect your comfort that's more down to suspension/springs and tyres?

But either way if you're going to lower the car even just by 5-10mm.. it will affect the ride comfort. Tit for tat.

dave7368

Advanced Member
TGM will supply you with SPC Eibach rear camber arms, springs and bolts if you don't have them, probably cheaper than you can get them else where too...

wj51fut

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
TGM will supply you with SPC Eibach rear camber arms, springs and bolts if you don't have them, probably cheaper than you can get them else where too...
This. With bells and whistles on. All in from them you could save a bit of money.

dc55_11

Advanced Member
Im also interested in doing that, anyone know how much it would cost with labour ?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Just called TGM for a chat but Tom wasn't available, was just after their thoughts on what to do chassis wise so had a pleasent chat with the lady on reception who sounded quite fit actually lol!

Anyway I told her I've just ordered some new tyres (fronts only) and she said it would be worth getting a geometry set up done once the tyres have been replaced. Is this really required guys?

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Well thanks to zubzub on the forums iv'e got myself some nice new shiny bits for Tom @ TGM to fit, Eibach pro kit springs/Eibach front camber bolts and some very nice looking Skunk rear adjustable camber arms ;)

All booked in @ TGM to do the business :)

T.G.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
dc55_11 said:
DId Tom tell you how much it was gonna cost mate ?
I didn't actually speak to Tom, booked it in with the receptionist, forgot to ask how much but from previous service they are very good and reasonable.
Each FRSU will be slightly different i would imagine depending on what parts you would require so best to call for a quote ;)

T.G.

dc55_11

Advanced Member
Yeah was just wondering if someone knew outright, im booked in tgm at end of September anyway will speak to him then ;) Good luck mate let us know how you get on

dc55_11

Advanced Member
I'm getting a spoon n1 fitted but might have to be some welding as there is a lot of rust on the backpipe flange, also want him to check out the front suspension because when I go through potholes and so on the impact feels a lot stronger then it used after I went a bit too quick through a few potholes so maybe somethings gone at the front not sure what tho :/

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Good luck with that mate, hope you haven't done any serious damage, bloody potholes from last winter really peez me off.......Swerving all over the place trying to miss em, now we got loose stones everywhere from resurfacing........Cant win.

Rant over LOL.

T.G.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Topgeezer said:
Well thanks to zubzub on the forums iv'e got myself some nice new shiny bits for Tom @ TGM to fit, Eibach pro kit springs/Eibach front camber bolts and some very nice looking Skunk rear adjustable camber arms ;)

All booked in @ TGM to do the business :)

T.G.
Just an update, had TGM fit all the parts and WOW........It's great, softer on initial bumps, sharper turn in, feels planted everywhere.

Can recommend getting this done if your thinking about it and thanks all who replied ;)

T.G.