FRSU

salsaboy

Advanced Member
is the above really necessary if you lower your car? my pj is just my daily drive to work.

Thanks

martinj46

Advanced Member
Yes. Swapping to coil overs or springs to lower the car will alter the wheel alignment, at the very least you'd want an alignment done so that the car drives properly. It seems a bit pointless to me though to spend all that money lowering the car to then not bother with a FRSU to get the best from it.

_BILLY_EK9_

Advanced Member
are you guys talking about this ?

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/tegiwa-integra-type-r-dc5-steering-arm-relocation-bracket-175/

Teg_Ben

Advanced Member
Lowered Teg handles well

Lowered Teg with a FRSU handles really well(better)

Think thats the gist :xgrin:

Teg_Ben

Advanced Member
Anyone know where I can get a FRSU in the midlands/nottingham/lincolnshire area?

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
anywhere that does 4 wheel alignment, FRSU is just 4 wheel alignment with aggressive camber

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
It's a compromise between grip and tyre wear. I've found more than -2 on rears will wear tyre unevenly so I've stuck with -2 rear and -1.7 front

Fubar Andy

Advanced Member
It's a compromise between grip and tyre wear. I've found more than -2 on rears will wear tyre unevenly so I've stuck with -2 rear and -1.7 front
I'm a bit confused why you have -2.0 on the rear and -1.7 the front?

That's more set for a RWD than FWD? (I'm just curious) xthumbup

mike.williams

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:
dan, do you mean -2 front and -1.7 rear?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
FRSU is a great modification, the settings are pretty standard regarding the geo, but if you do get it lowered, you may want more aggressive camber on the wheels etc. I know a few members on here have more aggressive camber for that reason.

If it helps, here are mine:

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
Mine is -2.4 on rear. Never had any issues with uneven tyre wear.

-1.4 on front again no issues with uneven tyre wear.

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
Teg_Ben said:
how much lowered by steve?
No idea lol spunk2 springs. Bought it like that. Think its fairly low though.

I was going to change to oem springs and get te camber/tracking set to what I like but after a few track days it actually handles alright way more outright grip than my ek9 did so I left it haha

Went out in my mates who's on spoon springs and its no where near as solid or sharp as mine.

It fairly neutral round a track not really understeery or oversteery. Would like the backed to be out a bit more like the ek9 did was used to the back end starting to slide on turn in.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
I am currently waiting on front camber bolts and i will be getting frsu done pretty soon.

with Steve adding to the rears having more camber than the front and reporting praise on this setup, i'm tempted to get higher camber on rears than the front too.

i have been out in Coyote's on track and have to say it handles superbly, so much confidence and the back end never gets sketchy. it just somehow works :)