Fuchs Velvetone Car Wash & Wax

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Just wanted to say I had a free sachet of this to try from my last order with Opie. Thought I'd try it out yesterday and I was actually really impressed!

I use Meguirs NXT at the moment but once I've used it up I think I might change. I found the Fuchs felt much more soapy so easier to work with and clean dirt than the Megs and the built in wax seemed really affective straight away even though I'd still use my own wax afterwards.

I like the fact that over the winter months when there's lots of salt around that I could do a regular quick clean with this stuff and it might help to keep the salt from getting at the paint a bit more. Last winter my paint got really dirty and I couldn't shift the dirt without a mild abrasive which in my case was the deep crystal paint cleaner. But if I could avoid all that hard work every time I have to wash it over the winter then that's a big bonus for me!

Link if anyone is interested: http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-69325-fuchs-velvetone-car-wash-wax.aspx

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I used my little sachet to wash the work van and was surprised at how well it shifted the bugs too. Seemed to bead up fairly well too.

Dunno how "safe" it is for waxes though.

But yea, more soapy than the Meguairs Gold Class I use on the Teg, actually don't like it anymore...