Fuel economy and better mpg?

josh93

Hi guys, duno if I've posted this in the right place sorry if I haven't. Any advice on how to get better mpg in terms of what fuel to use. If that even makes a difference?... Thanks in advance!!!

kazmo

Advanced Member
well, theres not many ways for better fuel economy,

no vtec and dont drive like a twat i guess would be a good place to start...

josh93

Yeahh... Does stuff like nitro and ultimate unleaded make a difference or is that just marketing bs?

DC5RS

DC5
Long 6th gear is the only way to get better mpg. Or drive like me and get 400-450 miles with a full tank. :D but you are not going to enjoy the car for sure

josh93

Yeah I can imagine it's very... Very boring... I thought maybe using the petrol I mentioned might mean whenever I have abit of "fun" my tank wouldn't be on empty straight away... Guess not... That vtec sounds worth it though..

ste01

Advanced Member
In traffic try and keep your revs under 2200, the K20A3 is more efficient and works on only 12 valves under 2.2k rpm. Different fuel won't make any difference to mpg either, just use normal unleaded because it cheaper! :)

mil1lion

Advanced Member
I used to get my tyres done at Sainsbury's until I got a decent Ring compressor and found the Sainsbury's machine was not inflating my tyres as much as the Ring one does. Its made a noticeable improvement on my MPG

Erm

Advanced Member
Fit a flux capacitor and go back to a time you just filled the car up?

Rich3248

Advanced Member
paul 16v said:
If you wanted fuel economy why did you buy a dc5?
The DC5 is pretty good on petrol considering its a performance car... A 424 bhp skyline, now thats a killer haha...

paul 16v

Advanced Member
TypeRich said:
The DC5 is pretty good on petrol considering its a performance car... A 424 bhp skyline, now thats a killer haha...
I appreciate that but.. i would never buy one if i wanted economical car!lol

josh93

I didn't get it for economy. But if there's ways of saving abit of fuel there's no need to burn it I guess...

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I've never once since owning this car managed to drive it conservatively over a prolonged period.

I'll go through a short period of driving it slowly and always promise myself I'll drive smoother but I never do. As soon as I get to half a tank I start nailing it again, just can't help it. I don't think I'll ever be able to drive a Honda normally, it's just not in the car's nature and that's not me being silly. They don't like being driven slowly.

If anyone can help give me tips to improve my fuel economy and make my driving more efficient I'm all ears.