Fuel filter location?

mikegsi

Staff member
not quite as simple as all that, its attached to the fuel pump on a plastic mounting bracket inside the petrol tank. You need to remove the inspection cover which is under the rear seats. Theres a special tool to remove the top, or you could use a block of wood to turn it....

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
My understanding is that there are two fuel filters, one inside the tank, and the other is by the rear left wheel.

If i'm going to change the external filter, is it worth changing the internal at the same time?

Zani

Advanced Member
There is only one fuel filter, and it's in the fuel tank under the back seats.

This is a life time part, so you do not need to change it

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Then what is the black metal filter shaped object by the rear left wheel, with rubber pipes going into it?

According to that honda parts website for an ep3, theres an internal and external filter

sinbad

Advanced Member
According to the Dc5 workshop manual the only filter is in the fuel tank.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Then what is the black metal filter shaped object by the rear left wheel, with rubber pipes.
I'm pretty sure mate this is the charcoal canister, regulations say that you cannot vent petrol vapour to atmosphere so this will absorb it.

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Yes only the one filter in the petrol tank.
The black canister is a vapour filter I think also.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Ah right that's ok then. I just thought it was because it had it listed as filter, canister. I'll leave that alone then and get the proper filter :)

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
I have done a how 2 on the fuel filter if it helps you. Dave at steels Honda is the best place as he keeps them in stock.
There not hard to fit but a bit fiddaly.
Getting the fixing seal ring off is fun, block of wood and a mallet helps or use a oil filter wrench on it.

Mark where it is before you remove it so u have a reference when you tighten it back up.
Any problems pm me.
J

mikegsi

Staff member
just the one filter and it requires replacing as per the Honda service schedule at 70,000 miles

alan-lee

Advanced Member
is there an upgraded filter that can be purchased? say if i was considering turbo'ing it?

dotty

Advanced Member
just the one filter and it requires replacing as per the Honda service schedule at 70,000 miles

Mike is this correct? I have just searched through the Acura service manual but can not read anywhere that is mentions the fuel filter is on the schedule..