Fuel gauge sticks!!

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Hey guys wondering if anyone has had this issue before

The fuel gauge is fine right the way round until it gets near empty! It sticks right above the point where the fuel light would normally come on? So of course it's not dropping far enough to engage the light! Any ideas on how to fix it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I remember reading a DIY thread on ClubRSX with a similar issue and from what I can remember there is a metal on metal contact within the fuel tank for the fuel gauge sensor and it gets dirty with time thus leading to a bad fuel gauge reading, clean it up and hopefully hi-presto.

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Is this metal on metal contact easily accessible? Would any kind of injector or fuel cleaner sort it?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
No. Lol. Probably not anyway, its pretty straight forward to get to the pump in the tank from under the bench seats. Pop it out, give the contacts from the float switch a clean up and hopefully it sorts your issue :)

There is a how to on here somewhere for changing the fuel filter, only you just need to follow it for the getting it out stage. Its fairly straightforward though :) just smelly

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Okay cheers I'm gone a order a new fuel filter whilst I'm at it then kill 2 birds in one stone!