Fuel injector nozzle

eXceed

Resident Driver
So I was removing the injectors from my inlet manifold to fit an Inlet Manifold Gasket when there was a piece of plastic on the bottom of the injector which stayed in the RBC. I tried to get it out and in doing so I have inadvertently broken it. Now as they already have a gasket I'm just wondering if I leave the rest of the plastic in there (the bottom bit is still firm it's just a bit of the plastic that goes over the injector if anything) and just put it back will I experience any problems? I'm thinking it should be alright but I don't want to have one injector firing incorrectly. What do you guys think? New injectors or can I make this work?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
New injector I'm afraid. ( I it all or just one)

The nozzle needs to be seated properly on the injector to get the spray pattern and flow correct,

If you don't you risk a lean condition or general bad running including potential failure

eXceed

Resident Driver
New injector I'm afraid. ( I it all or just one)

The nozzle needs to be seated properly on the injector to get the spray pattern and flow correct,

If you don't you risk a lean condition or general bad running including potential failure
As I thought, not having much luck at the moment at all! Ah well, light at the end of the tunnel and all that :D. Will get a new set of injectors i think :).