Fuel light not working

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
Just wondering if anyone else had come across the same problem. As I'm pretty sure mine isn't working as on 2-3 occasions now I've put over 50 letres of fuel in and my reserve light hasn't come on :/. It's been like 50.2/3 etc so only just above 50.
Also am I right in thinking that when you turn the ignition on the fuel light should light up with the rest of the dash lights... As mine doesn't :/

Mark_teg

Staff member
When you put ignition on it reads whats in the tank, so would only come on if the fuel is low anyway :idea:

Jon_ep3ctr

Advanced Member
Pretty sure you havnt run it low enough on fuel yet pal ill check later when I go out see if the fuel light comes on with turn of the ignition as I can't remember off the top of my head

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
for me the fuel light usually comes on when there is around 5-6 litres left.

if you have managed to put 50 litres in at the petrol station then your tank must have had nothing but dregs in it, or your getting shorted at the pump.

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
When you put ignition on it reads whats in the tank, so would only come on if the fuel is low anyway :idea:
yea i couldnt remember if it came on with the ignition or not ;p;

CaLi said:
for me the fuel light usually comes on when there is around 5-6 litres left.

if you have managed to put 50 litres in at the petrol station then your tank must have had nothing but dregs in it, or your getting shorted at the pump.
twice now ive put 50 letres and the odd but each time the needle was just on the start of the red line bit no light on, is due a service soon so i will get tgm to look at it. but its worrying me lol... im tempted to carry a can of fuel with me haha

jambo

Advanced Member
Well you have got a problem. I told you to pull the dim out but you won't listen. Get your arse in gear.

martinj46

Advanced Member
My light had been on today for about 5-6 miles and it took 46 litres to fill the tank.

Bear in mind the light doesnt come on until the gauge is reading pretty much empty, or at least that's the case with my car

mariosc90

i have the same problem with my fuel light,it doesn't comes on when the car is very close to empty.any suggestions what could be the problem?

mariosc90

anything in mind what it might be the problem?
the fuel lamp also doesnt come up when the fuel tank is empty.fuel indicator is ok,i have check it and is in working condition though.

Benneh

Advanced Member
It could be as simple as the bulb has gone for the indicator - remove the cluster and have a look.