Fuel light

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
I just wondered if anyone knew - when the low fuel indicator light comes on - how much fuel is left in the tank?

I just ask because in my old EK4 you could get about 30 miles with the fuel light on, if driven sensibly.

AndyGreen

The light on my car comes on when the needle is horizontal reading empty! I think I saw in my handbook it was 7ltrs but i don't read japanese so it's a pure guess! I've only had the light come on once or twice as i don't trust the gauge to run it down that low!

neil_integra

Advanced Member
When mine comes on I have about 15 miles, its set very low. It cut out after only being on for 20 mins. Very embarressing waiting for my work collegues to bring me a fuel can.

mikegsi

Staff member
i felt safe doing 25 miles with teh light on, then i always made sure it was filled up

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
Cheers guys, I just got caught in slow traffic miles from the garage selling optimax - the Tescos up here still dont have 99 Ron, its real pain in the ass.

bezza4

Advanced Member
The most I will risk is getting to work with the fuel light on. Is about 25 miles. Wouldn't want to go any further than that. Although even then when I fill up there is usually still 4/5 ltrs left (assuming the DC5 has a 50ltr tank).

neil_integra

Advanced Member
Think I have the worst record with this useless light. I managed a whole 3/4 of a mile once it came on. It seems to do its own thing.

ally_mac

Advanced Member
As said above, I was able to do 25miles once when the fuel light came on. When i pulled into the filing station to fill up, judging by the amount I put in, there was probably only 1 or 2litres max left in the tank

Allen

Advanced Member
Is it just a myth you shouldnt run your tank to low cause theres ment to be loadsa sh!t in the bottom of it? :?

jay82

Advanced Member
Allen said:
Is it just a myth you shouldnt run your tank to low cause theres ment to be loadsa sh!t in the bottom of it? :?
i say its a myth, isn't that what a fuel filter is for? change that every second service and can't see the tank having shit sitting at the bottom.

Allen

Advanced Member
Good point, still try not to let mine run much beow 1/4 so not to get caught out