Fuel rails

JCW

Advanced Member
Are after market fuel rails just for looks or are there any that actually provide a performance gain on a midly tuned engine?

what about the Skunk2 Carbon Composite Fuel Rail

The new composite fuel rails are made using proprietary carbon impregnated aerospace thermo-polymer composite. This insulates the fuel from both radiant and conductive heat transfer under the bonnet. Power gains of up to 3 percent. Features a large 0.625 inch internal bore with radius inlets to the injectors which improve flow. This type of radius injector inlet design is not possible with extruded and drilled alu fuel rails. Skunk2 fuel rails can be used with factory fuel lines and regulators.

Suitable for all Honda B, D, K and F series engines as well as Mitsubishi 4G63 Lancer Evo engines.

any thoughts on these?

JCW

Advanced Member
it looks good doesn't it?

seeing as it's made of carbon composite i'm not sure if has the carbon finish we all no and love though it just looks black in the pic

benny

Advanced Member
paul at system r told me to forget them, they're just there to look good, the dc5 system can provide enough fuel

dave c

400hp K20
the only reason that you may need a better fuel rail or injectors is if you are maxing the standard ones.

TBH that isnt gonna happen unless you have a "crazy" N/A spec list and i mean crazy, or if you have gone forced induction.

For 90% of applications i would guess its purely the bling factor ;)

JCW

Advanced Member
This is what caught my attention.

The new composite fuel rails are made using proprietary carbon impregnated aerospace thermo-polymer composite.This insulates the fuel from both radiant and conductive heat transfer under the bonnet.
and

Skunk2's new composite fuel rails are made using a proprietary casting process from a Carbon Fiber, S-Glass, and ceramic reinforced nylon 6 that is 33% lighter, 60% stronger, and runs 100 degrees F cooler than aluminum. Keeping the fuel cooler results in an increase in horsepower and torque..

DC5.DiBz

I would of thought they would be fairly useful on a dc5 with cams running around 260/270bhp? But like said if the injectors are not stressing i doubt you would feel any sort of performance increase.