Fuel

civic17_99

Advanced Member
This might be a bit of a silly question but i was just wondering does it matter what type of unleaded fuel you run the Integra DC5 on. I heard there designed to run on 98Ron fuel but would it still run ok on standard unleaded.

I'l say thanks for your help in advance :)

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
civic17_99 said:
This might be a bit of a silly question but i was just wondering does it matter what type of unleaded fuel you run the Integra DC5 on. I heard there designed to run on 98Ron fuel but would it still run ok on standard unleaded.

I'l say thanks for your help in advance :)
It comes from Japan mapped to 100RON so the closest we can get here is 99RON V-Power or Tesco's 99 Stuff.
A lot of people here also use BP Ultimate which is 98RON

I would never run it on 95 stuff unless you get your car remapped :!:

Fire_2

A lot of people here also use BP Ultimate which is 98RON
Introducing BP Ultimate fuels to the UK. Available as 97 octane unleaded and diesel, and high performance 102 unleaded for motor sport enthusiasts

civic17_99

Advanced Member
would it do any damage to the engine then or would u just get decreased performance? Thinking of getting a teg in december so just doing my reasearch.

logik

Advanced Member
Shouldn't do damage a such. May cause misfires depending. But i know alot of people running their Jap Import performance cars on 95 without problems.

It would be advised to get it mapped for 95 if thats what you will be using 100% of the time.

I am using Maxol E5 available in nearly all Maxol stations in Ireland for the same price as normal Unleaded. Its 99.2 RON average and goes up to 99.9 RON.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
okie dokie thanks for your help i will probly run it on tesco super 99 ron fuel but i also have a shell points card now and have chosen to get money off vouchers so i can use that to get vpower. Lol another stupid question does anyone know how much it is to get it remapped to run on 95 ron fuel and would i lose much power if it was remapped to run on 95ron fuel? :)

Thanks for everyones help

Gaz_Ek4

Advanced Member
civic17_99 said:
okie dokie thanks for your help i will probly run it on tesco super 99 ron fuel but i also have a shell points card now and have chosen to get money off vouchers so i can use that to get vpower. Lol another stupid question does anyone know how much it is to get it remapped to run on 95 ron fuel and would i lose much power if it was remapped to run on 95ron fuel? :)

Why map it for 95ron? Totally pointless, you may aswell buy a diesel.

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
Gaz_Ek4 said:
civic17_99 said:

:roll: :roll:

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
civic17_99 said:

First you'll need an aftermarket ECU!
Budget in the region of £1000!

Why would you want to use inferior fuel in your car??

Suped

Advanced Member
Lucky for him he is not! :p

I can't see why you would want to skimp out on petrol for your pride n joy.

random question Nick: how good are you at snowboarding? Steve needs lessons!

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Suped said:
random question Nick: how good are you at snowboarding? Steve needs lessons!
I'm alright :wink: Some pics on my website 8)
Steve probably needs another season before he is comfortable, and the place in Milton Keynes doesn't really help as its too small.
Can you snowboard?

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
in respect to why you would run it on 95ron!! I have a fuel card supplied by my employer and the garage chain it is for dont do 99 ron or any other ron than 95.

Why would i give up €100 worth of free juice a week? I guess what im trying to say is its all about the circumstances of each individual.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
LA-DC5 ITR said:
in respect to why you would run it on 95ron!! I have a fuel card supplied by my employer and the garage chain it is for dont do 99 ron or any other ron than 95.

Why would i give up €100 worth of free juice a week? I guess what im trying to say is its all about the circumstances of each individual.
You could always use 95 stuff and buy your own additives to increase the RON rating...not sure how good this is though

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
BadBadtz said:
LA-DC5 ITR said:

You could always use 95 stuff and buy your own additives to increase the RON rating...not sure how good this is though
Ive heard a few horror stories regarding octane booster.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I'd use 99 ron from tesco's anyways i was just trying to find out some info. Thanks for all the comments.

logik

Advanced Member
Gaz_Ek4 said:
civic17_99 said:

That is c**p mate. Don't say a car mapped to 95 RON is pointless.... without reading up on it first.

Gaz_Ek4

Advanced Member
logik said:
Gaz_Ek4 said:
civic17_99 said:

That is c**p mate. Don't say a car mapped to 95 RON is pointless.... without reading up on it first.
ok, I forgot to add in that 'in my opinion' it IS totally pointless. Whats the point in buying a performance car if you cant afford the fuel needed for it to run at its optimum performance. Even if the car is mapped correctly for 95ron it is never going to have the performance of a 99Ron set up, although the difference will be minimal.

With the amount of money you spend on a new ECU and getting it mapped for 95ron you are never going to get it back through the price of fuel, as a lot of people find (including myself) that you get a few more mpg with 99Ron fuel (enough to make up the difference in the cost of it)

So, with the above in mind lets say you end up saving 2p per gallon with a nicely mapped dc5 to suit 95ron, how many miles are you going to have to do to recover the cost of setting it up in the first place? And all this with less performance.

So like I said, in my opinion, pointless.