Fuelcat

DP.

Advanced Member
an extra 4 ron? from something that never needs replacing / runs out? You can't gain an extra 4 ron out of thin air.... Unless of course you have something like a replicator out of startrek :p lol

T666YPR

One of the testimonials:

Dear Mr. Brodie

As you are no doubt aware we have purchased well over 500 'FUEL CAT' systems from yourselves, which we have fitted to our customers cars.

We have had nothing but good reports back to us from very satisfied customers who tell us that the 'Fuel Cat' really does live up to its reputation and all advertising claims are fully justified.

We decided to fit a 'Fuel Cat' to one of our customers cars without telling him, that was all that was done to the car, no other tuning at all. He phoned us four days later and said that we had tuned his car to perfection and he was very grateful about the price we charged.

Another one of our customers failed his MOT on the new Emissions Test. We fitted the 'Fuel Cat' and just sent him straight back to the Test Station. They re-calibrated their machine three times and still they could not work out what he had done to it in just over 3/4 of an hour to allow it to pass the new emissions test with flying colours (and they still don't know...)

Anyway, enough of that, we just wanted to let you know that we are more than pleased with your product and intend to fit many more for the benefit of our customers.

Thank You.

Yours Sincerely
for and on behalf of:
SWEDISH MOTOR SERVICES LIMITED

Mr O. P. A. Snook
Managing Director.
This is just one customer,500 purchased,funny how the world hasn't woken up to how amazing this product is yet :?

This Swedish car trader put one in a customers motor without saying :shock:

Smacks a bit of the dodgy warning advert:
"Let me jusht put you through to our salesh depoortment.Water into wine,blah,blah,blah...."

Livvy I would stick well clear.

DP.

Advanced Member
theres loads of similar devices with claims of increasing this'n that... a lot of people are even stupid enought to believe it. If there was a miracle way of making cars run more efficiently or increase octane levels then surely manufactureres wouldn't go to all the trouble of spending millions developing cleaner and more efficient engines when a £50 widget can do the job :p

Gary

Advanced Member
Is there any other reason for writing this product off, other than it doesn't cost a fortune so it can't possibly work theory?

aself66

Advanced Member
the reason why it doesnt work is because to increase the ron you have to change the chemical makeup of the fuel going through it. This would involve fractional distilation or something similar in order to make the 95 ron petrol molecules more "straight chained" in nature, therefore increasing the ron. At best it would filter it.

Gary

Advanced Member
Well I've done some research on this and discovered that the idea of using a fuel catalyst was invented during WWII! One of the most legendary engines ever made, the RR Merlin which was fitted to the Spitfire and even went on to be fitted to the yank Mustang transforming it into one of the greatest fighter planes ever, was also the powerplant in the Hurricane when it was sent to the eastern front to aid the Russians, this is where the problem lay in that the Russian fuel was of such poor grade it was unusable in the Merlin.
So a solution had to be found or else, and the result was, believe or not, a tin alloy fuel catalyst which increased the RON close to 100, so if the fuel cat can be used to benefit a high revving RR aircraft engine then surely it can benefit the K20A. The only doubt I have is if the Russki fuel was of a poor grade for a different reason than our current fuel!
Regarding the point that pricewise the fuel cat is to good to be true if you remember Super-Unleaded was not always so much dearer than Premium, the big difference in price is the result of yet another enviromental tax that has been since added rather than some expensive manufacturing process, due to the carcinogens that have been added to the fuel in place of the lead!

Gary

Advanced Member
C'mon lads is nobody gonna rise to the challenge of provin or disprovin the merits of this thing, does nobody know anyone who can give an informed opinion on this item it's just that I'm one of the stupid tw*ts :oops: who bought one of these things so I would like to know one way or another but I also happen to think it's a subject worth lookin into cos of the potential benefits to be had which is I suppose why everyone is so sceptical :roll: in the first place :?: :D

aself66

Advanced Member
with reference to your comments about the planes using a fuel catalyst, i suspect that they mixed something in with the low grade fuel to react with it, to make a higher grade fuel. the fuel catalyst did just that, provided a catalyst for the reaction to happen. see my previous post on this subject, i think you will find it is an informed opinion.

T666YPR

Why not do a before and after dyno to prove it once and for all.
(Not one provided by the manufacturer mind,your own.)

That would at least show if anything is/isn't working. :)

DP.

Advanced Member
I'm sorry but I hardly think the use of these devices 60-70 years ago means that they will do the same job on modern fuel. I think you will find that the refinery processes and the technology involved has moved on dramatically and the fuel that is available to us now is far more superior than that of those periods.

There was a good site somewhere debunking all these devices... i'll have a search for it later

Gary

Advanced Member
I wonder if the firm that makes them could shed any more light on this issue cos surely it's against trading standards to make such a definitive claim knowing it to be untrue or even misleading as they are well aware we are not using pre-war Russian fuel! The fuel cat also seems to be the worst kept secret in the world of classic cars, where they form pressure groups to lobby parliment on the availability of certain fuels ie. four star, so they seem to be pretty serious and I can only assume pretty clued up on the subject! In fact it was one of these sites that informed about the environmental tax which makes the likes of Optimax so relatively expensive not manufacturing processes, and research does suggest that lead had got such a bad name for itself that it was outlawed so the manufacturers just used other chemicals instead which are in fact in many ways worse and will probably themselves be banned in the not too distant future!

Wootty

Advanced Member
dialysis said:
Online Proxy Checker, proxy checker, proxies checker, check proxies list, online checking proxy, check free proxies, check free proxylist, proxi checker, proxy checking, proxies list cheker, socks proxy checker, check socks proxies, socks 5 proxy checker, socks 4 proxy checker, HTTP proxy checker, socks proxy check, online check socks proxies, check list of proxies: http://www.checkproxy.net
We been hacked again ??? :shock: