Fueling?

eXceed

Resident Driver
Was just thinking about this yesterday and I couldn't really find the answer anywhere, noticed that there are a few people running uprated fuel rail, pumps, etc. Why is this? Even under full load the most I've seen the duty cycle go for fueling is somewhere in the region of 80-90% which I know sounds a lot but it is regularly under this value. Of course I can see the requirement once forced induction is introduced to the engine but at my spec (which is roughly what others seem to run as well!) it just seems pointless. Am I missing the point?

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Uprating the fuel pump is not necessary unless you are going over 300bhp (maybe more).... cant remember what the OEM pump is rated to but it is more than capable.

Stoo

Whining.....
The 80-90 % is your injector duty

As in it's at 80-90% of it's peak flow

If that got higher, you would need bigger injectors but they are fine at the moment

God knows why people change the fuel rail though

eXceed

Resident Driver
Stoo said:
The 80-90 % is your injector duty

As in it's at 80-90% of it's peak flow

If that got higher, you would need bigger injectors but they are fine at the moment

God knows why people change the fuel rail though
Yeah that's exactly what I though, anyway time to start looking at suspension rather than power :lol:

eXceed

Resident Driver
typical, I thought as much though :D. All my bling is at least functional! GOLD B****ES!

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
The oem fuel rail doesn't look very good with the rbc intake, unless you get the cover to match.

pulpmelon_r

Advanced Member
The DC5 injectors are 310's 250hp is enough to see the duty cycle on these hit between 80-90%

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Bit of a post bring back, but aren't they 330? I keep reading them being 310, but I had mine cleaned and they all had 330cc/min flow rate.

While on this topic, I'm currently at about 85% duty with air filter, intake, exhaust system and kpro.

Soon I will be running a forged engine, 2.2l, same mods and also cams. I've been recommended the 725cc Injector Dynamics, has anyone had experience with these?