Full Beam Height Adjustment

martinj46

Advanced Member
With all the darkness around recently, I noticed that my full beam doesn't light up the road ahead much further than the dipped beam. Is there anyway of adjusting this individually? I've had a look at the RSX Manual, but the relevant page is missing (22-88).

However, looking at the back of the headlight unit, there are two 8mm adjustment cogs. One beside the dipped beam bulb, and the other beside the full beam. I've had a play about with the one beside the full beam (I turned it five complete turns) but it doesn't appear to have made any difference.

From looking at RSX forums in the states, there is a lot of confusion about adjusting the lights. Some think that both dipped and full beam are adjusted together via the cog beside the dipped beam, and that the cog I was turning adjusts the angle of the lights horizontally? But then on page 22-89 of the manual, there is the final section of the adjustment process, which shows that cog, and claims it's for vertical adjustment (dipped beam or full beam I can't be sure)

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
As above I just went to Spoon Sports and they sorted it for me while they did my MOT.

But, download the more recent Manual, the page you are looking for is included :)

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6545-rsx-workshop-manual/

martinj46

Advanced Member
Cheers for that. It seems the manual only tells how to adjust the dipped beam height. I'll keep searching for an answer, and if I can't get one will ask the MOT garage when the time comes