Full poly bush on the road?

2ndy

Advanced Member
Im going to polybush my dc5. Its really just a fun car, used at weekends and on track. I was wanting some opinions on people who have it done on what its like day to day. Ive read online that some people say it stiffens the car up too much? I was thinking that the stiffer bushes would allow me to soften the coilovers a bit for when im not on track.

Im hoping the harsher ride will be worth it for how tight the car will drive afterwards.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
hmm, thats tricky , personally when the dc5 was new the oem bushes did a really good job of isolating noise and were stiff enough for track use, BUT now they are all a bit older the benefits of polybushing will be more obvious, it will stiffen the car but not in a way where you will be able to soften your coilovers,

they will only help the suspension move in the correct direction and maintain its geo better when under load. when i had my car and was competing we were unable to get the front inner bush on the lower arm in a poly material, several companies had tried but the toolijng wasnt available , it is now though i believe.

the other major downside is it requires more maintenance and can be noisy (squeeky)

2ndy

Advanced Member
Would they all be squeaky? I got hard race rubber trailing arm bushes and the rest are poly although the rear are supposed to be pretty close to OEM just a little harder. My main thing is that when on the road it can't knock anywhere. Knocking from suspension etc ruins a car for me so aslong as it doesn't knock.

I'm guessing a load o spray grease over the bushes would stop any squeaking?

Fez

Advanced Member
My civic was fully poly bushed and used almost daily for 5-6 years, and when i wasn't driving that i was driving my fully polybushed crx, which again was fine. Both had energy suspension bushes, i'd deffo do the teg if the bushes needed changing.

2ndy

Advanced Member
I was always told by people who have done it that polybushing the fron lower arms is the best thing theyve done to their cars which i why i really wanted to do it. Id say OEM would be great but i got the energy inserts for the front cheap, about £40, so going to give those ago, will be geting fitted with buddyclub ball joints (still need to buy if you can get a price for those or something similar?) new OEM track rod ends and new steering rack slider so the front end should feel great.

The rear is getting hard race trailing arm bushes and the rear cntrol arms are getting polybushed with bushs that are supposed to be the same hardness as OEM bushings. The car should feel great after its all done but always worried about it being a back breaker on country roads.