Full Spoon Exhaust Setup [Video]

kyle'87

Advanced Member
I have recently purchased a new header and as such will be replacing my current setup. I wanted to grab some footage of my current setup just for documenting and sticking away to watch again one day.

Here is a video of a cold start followed by general warm up driving. There is no ragging in this video, that is in another that I will upload if there is enough interest.

Also serves as a useful bit of info for anyone wanting to hear the sounds of the full Spoon setup.

Spoon 4-2 Spoon 2-1 Spoon B Pipe and Spoon N1 backbox.

Enjoy

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jCS2cwXrrM[/youtube]

EDIT: Video of booting it. Short but sweet.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0ObBgf0eQM[/youtube]

nails

Advanced Member
When I eventually get a DC5, the spoon b pipe and backbox were high on my list of options for a cat back exhaust. Yours sounds lovely, but it has the 4-2 and 2-1 which I won't have. I would be very interested to hear it in vtec :xyes:

kyle'87

Advanced Member
nails said:
When I eventually get a DC5, the spoon b pipe and backbox were high on my list of options for a cat back exhaust. Yours sounds lovely, but it has the 4-2 and 2-1 which I won't have. I would be very interested to hear it in vtec :xyes:
The best part about the N1 backbox is that with some polish it still looks like it did on day 1. I've had mine on for over a year now.

In regards to the sound, the 4-2 and 2-1 section makes it louder, the tone remains the same, maybe a little lower but not by much.

My Vtec kicks in at 3800 so it is a lot more subtle crossover but still there sound wise. I will upload the vtec kick in video tonight or tomorrow.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
nails said:
Vtec x-over added. Listen for between 1:30 and 1:35. It is very subtle but is there.

2ndy said:
Video of raggin definitely
Uploaded :xhappy:

SDDC5

Very cool i have Js racing 4-2 , spoon 2-1, spoon b-pipe & spoon N1 and love it.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Such an iconic noise. Some hate, but it certainly gives a big smile in tunnels :)

Had one for over 5 years and still looks as good as new :) regular maintenance polishes keep it sweet. ;)