fullrace turbo kit

poiu

Banned
does anyone here know, (apart from how ridiculiously expensive they are to import to the uk) what these kits are like quality and fitment wise?

weasel

Advanced Member
Full Race offers the most comprehensive kit for the DC5 K20 engine, fitment is perfect and the parts are the best available. They are the most expensive but you get what you pay for.

brucey87

Advanced Member
Tdi north sell a street turbo kit now which you can fit yourself for just around 2.5k and get you to 350bhp i think? How expensive is the fullrace kit and what extra power would you get from it?

poiu

Banned
brucey87 said:
Tdi north sell a street turbo kit now which you can fit yourself for just around 2.5k and get you to 350bhp i think? How expensive is the fullrace kit and what extra power would you get from it?
depending on which turbo charger you specify etc. when ordering its around the £6000 mark with shipping taxes and import duties etc.. thb im not impressed with tdi's work, but im not here to discuss that,

brucey87

Advanced Member
fair enough mate. could be hard to justify 6k on a turbo kit even if its the best quality but would be interesting to see the performance of the kit. probably alot more info on the american forums though.

dave c

400hp K20
I'd honestly say just buy a faster car, much cheaper and easier to do..Talking from experience here as well

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
dave c said:
I'd honestly say just buy a faster car, much cheaper and easier to do..Talking from experience here as well
I have always said that, lol, but coming from you, I didn't expect that!

dave c

400hp K20
Been there done that, should have bought a skyline! The reasons why I didn't buy a skyline are still valid and I reckon my car is quicker than most skylines now too but still...

Would I do it again, no

eXceed

Resident Driver
dave c said:
Been there done that, should have bought a skyline! The reasons why I didn't buy a skyline are still valid and I reckon my car is quicker than most skylines now too but still...

Would I do it again, no
I agree, same with my car. And the longer I wait to get her back the more and more I wish I'd just gone out and bought a newer car!

Will be looking at some Megane RS's next week so maybe I'll be happier to wait another 2-3 months for the tuner to finish working on it!

EDIT - And I'd DEFINITELY not do it again

dave c

400hp K20
eXceed said:
I agree, same with my car. And the longer I wait to get her back the more and more I wish I'd just gone out and bought a newer car!

Will be looking at some Megane RS's next week so maybe I'll be happier to wait another 2-3 months for the tuner to finish working on it!

EDIT - And I'd DEFINITELY not do it again
Whose doing the work on yours then and what you having done?

Really interested in your project, you doing an update thread soon?

PM me if not ;)

eXceed

Resident Driver
dave c said:
Whose doing the work on yours then and what you having done?

Really interested in your project, you doing an update thread soon?

PM me if not ;)
Yeah I will be doing an update thread when I get her back...

Car's at TGM getting high compression pistons, ITB, 3inch exhaust, ARP this, ARP that, etc. alongside my lumpy ass (read aggressive) cam profile there'll be no issue with breathing now!) and also a few suspension tweaks and BuddyClub 4 pot brake system (in orange :D).

Been without it since beginning of December now, not really sure what stage the car is at either but I know that they're 2 guys down, and obviously at the cusp of racing season now but hoping it won't be too much longer!!

poiu

Banned
thought about a skyline but too big for my liking also wont get one anywhere near as new as the dc5 for the same money, just an old 90's one, regardless how good they may or may not be, not worth that money imo.. so i was jus thinking something a little different from the norm...

alan-lee

Advanced Member
I think when tuning a car to such a degree as boosting you have to be prepared to pay big money and wait long terms! Fully forged my last glanza and it was AWFUL waiting for nearly 3 months (hes a busy man) but when i got it bacj and had 280bhp in a tin can! Nothing would sit near it in my local area!

THATS why you do it! If you just want to buy a car and have something anyone can have go buy a new car with big power already!

All about being different and being able to say its built not bought!

IMO

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Your posts on this forum have always seemed very ignorant...
well, excuse me if i offend you...
No mate i dont even know you.. Maybe its hard to take you over a forum but you post without giving an explanation was just wondering what you meant by "just 3 months"?

alan-lee

Advanced Member
3 months is long enough to not have a car and to be honest why would you have to wait much longer than that?

Im not going to argue as its your opinion but i wouldnt wait much longer than that for something i was paying good money for

blueguy

Resident J's whore
If you have someone dedicated on the job (and capable) of course it's not long. But as with the best garages, that going to be rare.

Not arguing, just an alternative view