Funky Power exhaust manifold

Timtegdc5

Looking on the Funky power website, their 4-2-1 exhaust manifolds are listed at £215. This seems super cheap to me, as even the equivalent tegiwa 4-2-1 is more than twice the price!

What's the opinion on these? Does anyone have one installed?

Looking to mod on a fairly limited budget, but is it worth spending so much more on buddyclub, tegiwa, skunk2, toda etc instead?

http://www.funkypowe...id_product=7218

Mark_teg

Staff member
Never heard of it personally..

Noticed you didn't mention the DC Sports which is also a budget (ish) manifold. Funkypower sell them too..

T

Tegiwa Imports

It's not a TEGIWA equivelent, more like a Japspeed equivelent

T

Tegiwa Imports

Seriously? The quality is much better, the design is much better.

Its like comparing a 3-series to a Mondeo

Timtegdc5

Never heard of it personally..

Noticed you didn't mention the DC Sports which is also a budget (ish) manifold. Funkypower sell them too..
Thanks Mark, I will take a look at the DC sports one too

What is your warranty for these parts, to back this up? And what kind of power gains over OEM should I expect from tegiwa's?

Theres a great thread on exhuasts in this section, but I couldn't see much mention of manifolds. Anyone got any input/experiences on build quailty/power gains from after market exhaust manifolds?

T

Tegiwa Imports

Thanks Mark, I will take a look at the DC sports one too

What is your warranty for these parts, to back this up? And what kind of power gains over OEM should I expect from tegiwa's?

Theres a great thread on exhuasts in this section, but I couldn't see much mention of manifolds. Anyone got any input/experiences on build quailty/power gains from after market exhaust manifolds?
We offer a 1 year warranty

poiu

Banned
i can vouch for the DC Sports manifold, had one on my car for 4 years now no problems what so ever

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member

i was giving you the opportunity to sell your exhaust manifold to the masses , and was expecting you to come back with a reply saying why yours is best, not "The quality is much better, the design is much better" Why and how??? etc etc.

Timtegdc5

i can vouch for the DC Sports manifold, had one on my car for 4 years now no problems what so ever
Thanks, this is useful.

I would imagine the power gains would be largely similar between tegiwa/dc sports, so if dc sports' is reliable and cheaper then thats the one I am leaning towards. Going to avoid the super cheap fp/japspeed versions after all if no one can vouch for them, not worth taking the gamble IMO. In an ideal world I would go for toda but I'm too impatient to save up for it! Maybe I will upgrade in the future.

i was giving you the opportunity to sell your exhaust manifold to the masses , and was expecting you to come back with a reply saying why yours is best, not "The quality is much better, the design is much better" Why and how??? etc etc.
Thanks - I could have done with some actual points on why I should go for their product rather than just 'because its better'!

poiu

Banned
obviously its up to you, but i personally would not buy anything from tegiwa, they just sell cheap copies with no shame! made cheaply from inferior materials, with none of the hours and expense of research and development as the likes of toda, gruppe m, to name a few these people steal designs from, did i say steal, sorry i meant copy and sell as their own, it should be illegal... just my opinion of course........

Timtegdc5

obviously its up to you, but i personally would not buy anything from tegiwa, they just sell cheap copies with no shame! made cheaply from inferior materials, with none of the hours and expense of research and development as the likes of toda, gruppe m, to name a few these people steal designs from, did i say steal, sorry i meant copy and sell as their own, it should be illegal... just my opinion of course........
Had heard about this before, thats why in my first post I was so surprised that they could be undercut by so much. No question it does take the p*ss but usually their prices can be quite tempting to those on a budget like me! Seems to split opinion though as on their trader threads there seem to be lots of people happy to save a few quid and on others plenty prepared to pay for the 'real deal'.

T

Tegiwa Imports

Thats where you are wrong! Our exhaust manifolds and cat-backs use materials and welding processes right up there with the Japanese manufacturers. Comparing ours to a DC Sports is laughable really. They use very poor flex joints and the welding is terrible.

Have a look on Civinfo - our header is THE best selling manifold on the market for the FN2

Have a look through the following website listings/photo's this is the standard we are at...

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/tegiwa-honda-civic-type-r-ep3-exhaust-manifold-header-52/
http://www.tegiwaimports.com/tegiwa-honda-civic-type-r-fn2-exhaust-header-manifold-139/
http://www.tegiwaimports.com/tegiwa-cat-back-exhaust-honda-civic-type-r-fn2-07-11-1547/
http://www.tegiwaimports.com/tegiwa-cat-back-exhaust-honda-civic-type-r-ep3-01-06-3194/

Thanks

Mark_teg

Staff member
Or does the DC Sports just fail when used without the engine mount inserts (which they advise to use) ??
My DC is also fine after about 4yrs.. If yours is better then congrats

T

Tegiwa Imports

Or does the DC Sports just fail when used without the engine mount inserts (which they advise to use) ??
My DC is also fine after about 4yrs.. If yours is better then congrats
No, its not the welds on the flex, its the internals. They can collapse which means you have to replace them. Its actually quite common!

Mark_teg

Staff member
No, its not the welds on the flex, its the internals. They can collapse which means you have to replace them. Its actually quite common!
Use without mount inserts would also put more pressure on the flexi to possibly cause this.. Not saying 100% that's what has happened, just that mine (and many others) have been fine..

Flexis are common on toda's, as are springs on buddyclub's and no doubt yours has a weakness you may/may not know about. It's the compromise / risk you take with the hunger for more power..

I'm not having a dig here tegiwa, as you know I've bought stuff from you and will prob continue to do so. Just informing the OP of other products on the market :)

dotty

Advanced Member
Tegiwa manifold is a replica of the Toda header.

I can't comment on the quality difference.