Funky power manifold? Anygood?

justJDM

Advanced Member
Hi all just looking into manifolds. Came across the funky power one at £215 off course this is tempting me as tegiwa want £450. But i dont want to be ending up with a suberu sounding dc5 through a poor branded system. But with the saving i could put towards something else, such as intake mods, ecu mods

beppe786

Beppe
tegwia one is toda copy and is spot on power.. better than funky power, japspeed,dc sports in my opinion. .

im sure others will have different experience. .

kazmo

Advanced Member
never had the FP one but read good reports about it.. so is it a fake tegiwa mani then? lol

jasondc55

Advanced Member
I have a funky power manifold and there are very high quality the welds are tig and miged for extra strength. My car actually sounds like a ngtc touring car.

Alex.J

Advanced Member
Surely it's just tig'd, doing 2 different types of weld process won't add any strength..

Jordan Walker

My friend had his ep3 dyno'd and it made 202bhp with a cobra cat back as the only mod changed the standard mani to the fp mani and standard airbox to a k&n typhoon and made 222 on the same dyno imo 20bhp increase for £215 or what ever they are bang for buck they are the best mod you can do to this car lol

As for quality its still going strong no cracks or blows etc and he has been running it just short of a year so when it comes to me buying a mani I will be buying that exact one lol

Hope this helps

Jordan.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Ep3 is well known to have very restrictive manifold,much more so than dc5 manifold. In fact dc5 manifold is often used on ep3 as a good upgrade

Jordan Walker

Still I dont think that an ep3 would gain 20 bhp from a dc5 manifold and I dont believe that theres any aftermarket manis that would give more than 20bhp increase on a ep3 and if there is there will only be 2 or 3 more than the fp one which means that the fp mani would still give good gains on a dc5 and as I mentioned it is good quality as it is still going strong a year on

jasondc55

Advanced Member
http://youtu.be/zr5Yk8MAW6A

Yes my car is blue but is not a Suburu it Sounds more like a ngtc car without the turbo.

this is a funky power manifold. With my own custom catback.

It tiged outsid ,miged inside It very high quality.