Future set up

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Hey guys just compiling a list of things to buy in the new year once christmas is out of the way!

Im wanting to go down the K-pro route +bhp and +MPG cant beat it! lol

currently have a hondata air intake (not sure how good they are?) and a Buddy Club Pro Spec Exhaust

The Exhaust for me sounds great love the tone and is very loud! however downside is its my daily driver and the drony noise when cruising can get abit irritating, and with potentially going for a RBC intake and Buddy club Racing spec header im worried that the D.B will be border line to high for track days?

So i am considering a different exhaust.. one that has a fine balance by not being silly when cruising (i can put up with quite abit noise of mind) when cruising but letting all hell break loose when you put your foot down..

Any other comments to the set up or advice would be most appreciated, havent decided on the air intake either btw, that was just with the car when i bought it.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Now, I'd personally recommend what I've got.

5zigen Pro Race A-Spec + removed silencer

Standard, it is SUPER quiet (quieter than OEM infact) but when you remove the silencer it gives a nice burble under 4k and will pop if you change between 4-5k, but once you're over 6k (we all love being over 6k..) it rasps like nothing I've heard, ever.

Sylar122

Advanced Member
LiamGTR said:
Now, I'd personally recommend what I've got.

5zigen Pro Race A-Spec + removed silencer

Standard, it is SUPER quiet (quieter than OEM infact) but when you remove the silencer it gives a nice burble under 4k and will pop if you change between 4-5k, but once you're over 6k (we all love being over 6k..) it rasps like nothing I've heard, ever.
Thanks for the info mate will look into that one... was looking at a Buddy Club Racing Spec IV but can't find that much info on it, dunno if its a new thing? apparently a good balance also between cruising and racing.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Hondata intake as far as I know is just a modified oem intake. Nothing wrong with it and for £ to bhp ratio it's probably the last thing on the list to change.

As far as exhaust goes there's lot of options. Personal favourites are the fujitsubu RM01 and the Kakimoto for good gains whilst being quiet for normal driving but abusive in vtec :)

3" system is also a good option, will give more bhp than the mainstream systems typically although it's a balancing act between noise and hp. If you think this option might interest you check out the TDI North system and solid fabrications if you want to go custom.

Paudie_DC5R

I had a Buddyclub Prospec on my car too and I changed it due to the car being my daily driver as well and the buddyclub being a bit loud for that especially on cold start up was very loud as your well aware. I did love the tone of it too was lovely and deep just that little bit too loud for a daily driver in my opinion so I replaced it with a Kakimoto Regu 06&R and I can highly recommend it for a daily driven car. Lovely and quiet on cold start up compared to the Prospec and there is a lovely sporty tone when cruising with this exhaust no drone what so ever and when over 6K it a totally different exhaust again real high pitched tone. Love this exhaust really is the best of both worlds quiet when need to be i.e town driving and nice sporty tone below 6K with no drone and loud above that. Added to that it is also one of the nicest looking aftermarket exhausts with its titanium tip.

Sylar122

Advanced Member
davidpingu said:
Hondata intake as far as I know is just a modified oem intake. Nothing wrong with it and for £ to bhp ratio it's probably the last thing on the list to change.

As far as exhaust goes there's lot of options. Personal favourites are the fujitsubu RM01 and the Kakimoto for good gains whilst being quiet for normal driving but abusive in vtec :)

3" system is also a good option, will give more bhp than the mainstream systems typically although it's a balancing act between noise and hp. If you think this option might interest you check out the TDI North system and solid fabrications if you want to go custom.
Paudie_DC5R said:
I had a Buddyclub Prospec on my car too and I changed it due to the car being my daily driver as well and the buddyclub being a bit loud for that especially on cold start up was very loud as your well aware. I did love the tone of it too was lovely and deep just that little bit too loud for a daily driver in my opinion so I replaced it with a Kakimoto Regu 06&R and I can highly recommend it for a daily driven car. Lovely and quiet on cold start up compared to the Prospec and there is a lovely sporty tone when cruising with this exhaust no drone what so ever and when over 6K it a totally different exhaust again real high pitched tone. Love this exhaust really is the best of both worlds quiet when need to be i.e town driving and nice sporty tone below 6K with no drone and loud above that. Added to that it is also one of the nicest looking aftermarket exhausts with its titanium tip. Await Porthos, he has pictures soundclips the whole lot for the Regu :xgrin:
I've been looking at the Kakimoto one myself, just need to know if its loud enough :p i still want some nice noise and the best for BHP gains aswell, would customer exhausts be a better route then? Gunna stick the OEM exhaust back on over winter, theres even less point having the buddy club one over winter as im not gunna be putting my foot down, so i wont get that luxury of it either.

Jones_XD

Advanced Member
Sylar122 said:
Thanks for the info mate will look into that one... was looking at a Buddy Club Racing Spec IV but can't find that much info on it, dunno if its a new thing? apparently a good balance also between cruising and racing.
My mate has the spec 4 on his EP3, driving around town in 6th was quite, in vtec, best sounding honda I've ever heard, produces a awesome sound high revs but it is very loud his system had a de cat fitted as well

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
I had the Spec IV on my EP and loved it. Hard to get hold of now though. Got a real distinct noise to it, quite raspy at high revs a bit like older rally cars.

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Jones_XD said:
My mate has the spec 4 on his EP3, driving around town in 6th was quite, in vtec, best sounding honda I've ever heard, produces a awesome sound high revs but it is very loud his system had a de cat fitted as well
newyorkaddict said:
I had the Spec IV on my EP and loved it. Hard to get hold of now though. Got a real distinct noise to it, quite raspy at high revs a bit like older rally cars.
Cheers guys i dont spose you know of any video's on it?