gaskets needed when cleaning the IACV?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Hi people, i'm in need of an answer :xgrin: . I have tried searching but cannot find the answer i'm after. I would like to clean my IACV to get it running a bit sweeter in the mornings, but to get to the black unit itself, I understand the whole Throttle Body has to come off? In doing that, are there any gaskets I need to be replacing?
(Sorry if it has been covered, my brain is still in holiday mode.) :xboring:

Can these be picked up from a local motor factors?, Are EP3 gaskets the same?

many thanks in advance
James xthumbup

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Hello mate, well someone on here, I think it was vtequila managed to remove the iacv without removing the TB but iI think it's pretty fiddly. If you did manage that then no I don't reckon you would need any gaskets.

There is a gasket on the iacv itself but usually you shouldn't need to replace this.

If you do it the conventional way and you remove the TB you will almost certainly need a new gasket for the TB.

I bought a thermal one from eightspeed and the added benefit is its reusable. I think the standard honda one has a sticky side so is one use only.

Another good tip before returning the TB is to clean all remnants of the old one away. I used a Stanley blade and some brake cleaner on the TB and the inlet manifold. Makes sure you get a good seal :)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Spot on, cheers for that. :xyes: I will attempt the weird screw removal first, with pliers/ grips trick, then if not grab a gasket. :)

Vtequila

Dutchy
The iacv gasket is made out of rubber and shouldnt have to be replaced.

I was able to remove the iacv from the tb because the angle how the tb sits on my rbc inlet was quite easy to reach for. You have a oem or rbc inlet?

You should know that its easier removing the iacv from the tb than putting it back together, because the case where the iacv gaskets sits in is up side down and I had to use a bit of silicone to keep the gasket in place. This ofcourse if you will remove the iacv from the tb alone. If you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

I think the Ep3 iacv's will probably be the same.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Vtequila said:
The iacv gasket is made out of rubber and shouldnt have to be replaced.

I was able to remove the iacv from the tb because the angle how the tb sits on my rbc inlet was quite easy to reach for. You have a oem or rbc inlet?

You should know that its easier removing the iacv from the tb than putting it back together, because the case where the iacv gaskets sits in is up side down and I had to use a bit of silicone to keep the gasket in place. This ofcourse if you will remove the iacv from the tb alone. If you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

I think the Ep3 iacv's will probably be the same.
Just a standard one buddy,

Thanks for the hints and tips peeps, my Monday night job sorted. :xgrin: