Gauges connection..help etc

dan the man

Advanced Member
When connecting for a water temp gauge where have people done it. I have got some aluminium water bracket that fit on the hoses but dosent seem to be much room really. Also anyone know what size our hoses are?

either 1" 3-16
OR 1" 3-8 not sure which?

is there any other points instead of a hose to connect to?

cheers.

dan :|

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
The block would noprmally be fitted in the top hose somewhere.
The hose should really be metric size. so i'm wondering why you are quoting imperial sizes?
1" 3/16ths is -30.1mm
1" 3/8ths is -34.9mm

dan the man

Advanced Member
yeah sorry should havev mentioned. The blocks i have are those two sizes so dunno which to open and use etc...

i have the swoosh ones
http://purchasenet.com.au/shopping/imag ... brac01.jpg

as above.

cheers. so whats the size of the hose on standard DC5? And for your temp reading you need to see do you take it off the top or bottom? and for what reason etc..

Do i wana know the engine temp or do i wana know the rad temp..that why?

dan

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Dan,
Use the top hose not the bottom for water temp thermocouple.

when you take off your top hose and cut a piece out for the sender unit measure the inside diameter then open the corresponding packet. I have not measured the hose myself but its the same as a ctr so maybe try there if your not brave enough to cut then measure.

dan the man

Advanced Member
thanks everyone... its ok i have a few interupters to try once cut. And i dont use the car everyday anyway so it can stay put if its wrong etc..

few questions..

Im gona use jubiliee clips etc around the connections as simple push fit cant be adequate surely?

And anyone tried G clamping before and after the cut so u dont have to drain the system :lol: ? just a thought like.. i know with the top hose i could drain the top level off etc... Think ill prob go for new coolant in the end as hasnt been done while ive had the car and always healthy to do

Right cheers.

OH PS. is the top hose the FLOW into the rad or the RET? ie; out of engine hot or into engine after coolin :?: