dan the man

Advanced Member
SORRY AGAIN :oops:

but on my gauges info paper it just states

RED= ACC
BLACK= GROUND
GREEN= SIGNAL
WHITE=ACC

now as i understand it both the ACC can go onto 12v live wire etc, but someone said today is it not one switched and one permanant? It dosent say anything about this on instructions so ive put them together. Ground obviously earth and green goes to the various water or oil units in the engine bay.. (AS TO WHY A permanent is needed i dunno on when ignition is on and thats all required right?)

how are everyone elses gauges connected? WOOTY?i know u did yours what did they say..and anyone else thanks.

Evs

Advanced Member
Have they got any memory functions in them, or a clock or something like that? That would be the main reason for needing a permanent live feed. The only other reason I can think of is if there's a chance of one of the signal wires producing a signal before the gauge is powered up, so that the signal input is at a higher voltage than the positive rail, which might damage the circuit.

If they're both labelled 'ACC' then tbh I'd connect them both to the switched live.

dan the man

Advanced Member
yeah both ACC and thats what ive done...just been thinking since tbhey have been in.

all they do is do a full 270 sweep when switched on and go to 0 to start reading from the sensors( which are not connetced yet..next week when sump goes on :wink: )

think ill leave em and see how they work when connected etc.

cheers lad

Wootty

Advanced Member
Wired mine up to the feed for the cigarette lighter so that they are on with the key in the first position. Used a small piece of terminal block so could common them up simplify the wiring.

Actually would prefer to have them off a feed from say the instrument pod as if you sit there with the engine off and the radio on the guages are on too.

dan the man

Advanced Member
Yeah i got mine form the feed to the radio and used choccy blocs too.

And as mine up top quite bright when ignition on and lights off etc..might put a switch in somewhere so i can click them off maybe.

cheers guys!

and wooty what do yours read again??? 2 oil and 1 zorst?

am wondering if the coolant sensor wont move like the honda one , or does it lie to us :lol: