Gauges

Wootty

Advanced Member
Thought I'd post a pic up now I've got them wired up and fitted properly....

3 off 52mm gauges in a din slot...

Suped

Advanced Member
nice guages. Looks very smart. What have you got on the 3?? Can't make it out from the pic. (Not got me glasses at hand!)

Evs

Advanced Member
Nice installation 8)

Is that an EGT gauge on the right? How/where did you install the sensor, and what sort of readings to you get? Do you notice it increasing on track?

dan the man

Advanced Member
Oil temp, Oil PSI and last one looks like a back to front clock :lol: :lol:

Do they go dark when off woots?

Wootty

Advanced Member
left - Oil Temp (low cos I just started it up to take pics), middle - Oil Pressure and right - EGT (again low cos it was just idling).

All gauges from Autogauges from Nick at www.gaugeplace.com (he's on the Tatsu forum).

Mounting plate was from ebay - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Mod-World but i cant see if they still sell them - might do if you contact them direct.

Got a new pressure sensor to fit as i think the one on there is over ranging.

EGT is via a tapping Guy welded onto the #3 pipe on the jackson header about an inch down from the head. Just a 1/8 NPT fitting. Max temp seen while spirited motorway driving is around 700 degs C - and it didn't go up much from that on the track which was surprising. Oil temp was the indicator - when that reached 110 i pulled off and cooled down. Normal road driving and its not over 90.

Si at Opie says the 5W40 is ok at that temp for short track durations - but i might up it at the next oil change just to be safe. If I can afford it then an oil cooler is on the list - they can be found cheaper than unit-8 (sorry Stevie!) - depends on the suspension issues i have t the moment.

I know they are analogue but for under £200 for the lot it was a good job.

Evs

Advanced Member
Thanks for the info, Chris xthumbup

Been thinking about some oil temp & pressure ones but don't think I need EGT for a NA engine (anyone disagree btw?), looks a good place to fit them 8)

Once again, nice job 8)

Wootty

Advanced Member
User said:
Wooty - can you tell us what the oil pressure is like over 8,000rpm?
Wot - and give away all my trade secrets :lol:

I'll post up later when my sender is reading right cos when its hot and at full bore its off the gauge :shock: