Gear Box Oil

civic17_99

Advanced Member
My DC5 is due for its 25k service soon so i'm trying to get some bits together for the service. Is there a specific gearbox oil i need to ask for when i go into Honda? I did use the search function but it didnt overly help. If any one can help me out that would be great. :)

mikegsi

Staff member
Hondas own is the best and only recommended gear box oil, you can choose any brand engine oil, brake fluid, clutch fluid etc but stick with honda's own gearbox oil

mikegsi

Staff member
Hondas own is the best and only recommended gear box oil, you can choose any brand engine oil, brake fluid, clutch fluid etc but stick with honda's own gearbox oil

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Am i right in thinking its the same as the one they use in the EP3 Civic? Yeh i bought 5 litres of Silkolene Pro S 5w40 to put in the engine.
I plan to take it to TGM to get it all done. Need to give them a call

mikegsi

Staff member
Yeah same as ep3 mate, tom will tell you the same, in fact he'll prob have it in stock!

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Ah ok great, I gave TGM a call earlyier and was very pleasently suprised by the cost of the service, i was expecting it to cost more so i'm happy. Just got to check when i'm off work and book it in :D