gear problem

M3Tz

Hey all,

After driving to work this morning Torquay to east Grinstead, i have noticed when im accelerating (sometimes hard) and shift through the gears it seems like the gearbox or gear stick is getting caught and reluctant to come out of gear.. its hard to explain.. Because it does come out of gear just a tiny bit more force is needed?

not sure if this is a sign of a problem coming or already happened?

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Matt

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Sounds daft, but you sure it's not you trying to rush the changes?

I'm not trying to imply your driving isn't up to scratch, but have found in the past that boxes can feel odd when trying to hurry them when not 100% with them & the clutch.

M3Tz

hey thanks for the replys

hehe I dont think im a bad driver so i dont think its me, but im not f1 driver, i thought it might of been me not pressing the clutch all the way down but its not that...

i dont have a AEM the car is un modded apart from spoon n1 backbox and spoon 2-1,

a friend of mine has said it could be some kinda of bushings in the gear shifter part ( the part under the gear stick)

Im thinking maybe gearbox fluid? the car is a 2001 and 40k miles? probably needs a change maybe?

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Check your engine mounts as they can cause this from the excessive engine movement.

I've noticed this a little bit when pushing it hard on track and think it might be a tired clutch

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
check also the cables where they mount to the stick they could well be bent thus not allowing full movement.
is the problem only coming out of gear or going in too?

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
check also the cables where they mount to the stick they could well be bent thus not allowing full movement.
is the problem only coming out of gear or going in too?
Mine is when going into gear and only when I'm pushing it hard