Gear selection issue

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
Over the last couple of days it has become harder to select 1st and 2nd gear when pulling up/pulling away from junctions etc and i have to pull away in 3rd (not ideal) but then sometimes it goes in 1st/2nd like normal, its fine through the rest of the gears :/ i had the clutch changed about 10k ago for a cc stage 1, I just wondered if anyone has come accross this before or if there is any known problems??

jasondc55

Advanced Member
Hi have you tried changing the clutch fluid ? I had problems like this on my 04 but it faded when I done the change.

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
No I've never changed the clutch fluid :/ I've had it nearly 3 years, I don't really ram it through the gears and don't Vtec it in 1st as its pointless lol but I will get tgm to have a look on sat when I'm over there. Tgm did a major sevice 1k ago inc gearbox oil :/ but thanks for the reply's lads

mario_v

Advanced Member
few things to check possibly:

1. wrong gearbox fluid (unlikely and would only be very noticeable at temperature)
2. syncro's worn / damaged
3. clutch fluid
4. bent or fractured selector fork
5. damaged selector finger
6. linkages

might be way off but worth considering bud. recently had a similar problem and turned out to be selector fork etc..

visitor

Over the last couple of days it has become harder to select 1st and 2nd gear when pulling up/pulling away from junctions etc and i have to pull away in 3rd (not ideal) but then sometimes it goes in 1st/2nd like normal, its fine through the rest of the gears :/ i had the clutch changed about 10k ago for a cc stage 1, I just wondered if anyone has come accross this before or if there is any known problems??
Did you figure out the problem yet? How many miles on the clock?