Gearbox issue help

Britz

Advanced Member
Hi guys had a gearbox overhaul so all bearings replaced, 1st / 2nd gear synchro and hub replaced a mfactory lsd, stage 4 cc clutch , new clutch slave and master cylinder an braided clutch line. I‘ve had an issue of sometimes being blocked out of 5th gear when I go to find it it‘s like hitting a wall then after a few seconds it slots in fine and also sometimes still get a crunch from 1st to 2nd. I took it back to the company who did the work on the box and they thought there was a fault with the box so I removed it and they then stripped the box down again but can‘t find any fault with the box so I‘m stuck with what the problem could be I‘ve been using Torco mtf as that‘s what was recommended by mfactory not sure it that could have something to do with it so just wondering if anyone had any ideas?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lewis87

Advanced Member
I had an issue with feeling like shifting into 5th was blocked just like you say.

My gear linkage bushes were all perished and falling out which gave a lot of slack. I replaced these with delrin bushes and I've not had it again.

Do you have much side to side slack in the gear stick in neutral?

Does the crunching happen when it's cold?

Britz

Advanced Member
Thanks for the reply didn‘t think my bushes looked too bad but I‘ll have a good look at them it‘s strange because I didn‘t have the 5th gear issue before the box came out but guess taking everything apart could of affected the bushes. The second gear crunch is completely random so doesn‘t seem to be affected by being cold it will crunch warm or cold but doesn‘t do it all the time just seems to do it randomly

lewis87

Advanced Member
You've had a lot of pricey work done, got to be worth new linkage bushes and try a different gear oil?

Anyone with experience of mfactory diffs able to recommend some good compatible oil?

Britz

Advanced Member
Yeah it‘s been a lot of work mate so there definitely worth a shot. Only trouble with the oil is that mfactory will only guarantee the diff if you use that torco oil

"omadc5"

I also recently fitted an mfactory diff, is there reccomended oil not good for honda gearbox?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Britz

Advanced Member
I‘ve no idea mate my issue could be linked to something else you‘d think the oil they recommend to use would be fine