Gearbox, reverse lockout

Alicks

Advanced Member
Anyone know why reverse isn't locking out when driving? Never had since I brought it. I thought it wouldn't bother me but on track shifting from 4-5 sometimes it heads over too far causing a pretty exciting gear change! Annoys the hell out of me!

Rom

Advanced Member
It should activate over 12 mph.

Looks like it should lock the gateway to reverse. So shouldn't move over enough to even try and select I guess.

You've tried selecting reverse about 12 mph to test this?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Alicks

Advanced Member
Yes mate there's an issue, I think it's triggered electronically but I don't know where from or how. It doesn't engage at any speed. Day to day it doesn't bother me but on track when you shift from 4th to 5th it sometimes slides over into the reverse part of the selector. Very annoying indeed

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I know its electronic and is activated via a solenoid based on wheel (gearbox) speed. Just trying to remember whether you can disable in Kpro. Something to check unless you don't have Kpro/K100 of course. Failing that, next thing is the solenoid itself.

Quote taken from this forum tech page

The DC5 uses a speed-sensored solenoid-type selection lock, RVS selection control system, same system adopted by NSX. When vehicle speed exceeds 20 km/h (~12 mph), the solenoid will be set to ON, a cam will be locked and the selection operation to a reverse gear becomes impossible, so a shift mistake can be prevented

Alicks

Advanced Member
That's mate that's a good start for me! I'm on standard management ATM so can't be anything to do with that. Any ideas where the solenoid is? Is it on the box itself? Guess there's a chance either it's unplugged or it's failed!

Mark-89

The reverse interlock is on top of the gearbox furthest away from the bell housing sort of in line with the gearbox mount. The connector pushes on towards the front of the car so to remove you would need to press the tab in and slide towards the bulkhead

I only know this as mine came unplugged when i bought the car and like you would sometimes make it tricky to engage fifth

Alicks

Advanced Member
Thanks mate your a star! Plug had corroded terminal on it! Cleaned it up with contact cleaner and pushed on and it works now! 👍